NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Writing related tattoo ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Writing related tattoo ideas?
    Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 12:51am
Hi fellow writers!

I hope I'm not crowding this forum, but as I'm in procrastinating mode for my SSC '19 round one... I'll be getting my first tattoo soon and have been pondering what word, phrase or quote. 

Placement: horizontally on my inner bicep, like this woman's:

It will be in black and white, in Leonardo DaVinci's mirror script/handwriting. 

While I know he wrote in Italian, I'm looking for either English or Latin, in a word or phrase that will inspire me to write.  It could be a single word, or a phrase or short quote - preferably all in one or at most 2 lines.

Things I'm considering:
  • Writer
  • Scribere
  • Today is a good day to write
  • Keep writing
  • Just write
  • Write on

Any brilliant ideas?

Thank you!!
Juli

fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:41am
"scribo ergo sum" Wink I write, therefore I am.
"carpe calamum"       Seize the pen.

Edited by fioOxf - 22 Jan 2019 at 8:43am
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Seize the pen oh my god 

If you're not getting that, I will LOL
Veralisa Markwood View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veralisa Markwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 8:51am
Write now
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Veralisa Markwood Veralisa Markwood wrote:

Write now

That's MY earworm for the rest of today... Could be worse :)

Veralisa Markwood View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veralisa Markwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 9:27am

Originally posted by Veralisa Markwood Veralisa Markwood wrote:

Write now

That's MY earworm for the rest of today... Could be worse :)

:) 
JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2019 at 7:22pm

Thank you!! These are amazing. I'm going to play around with making these into Davinci's handwriting before going to an artist for a consultation for a final design, I actually think I may pick between one of these two, theses are exactly what I was going for and it will probably just end up being which letters I prefer aesthetically in the script.

"Write now" is a good one too!  Maybe I'll just have to get multiple tattoos all at once....

A MILLION THANKS!!!

Thicassiong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Thicassiong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:24am
You can think of what writing means to you, and then think about how this could be represented in your tatto. It may inspire you to write even more than action sentanse. Do you see your writing as a gift? A curse? An open road? A shining light? A dark hole of despair? All these things could be summed up in a tattoo design that would be meaninful and inspiring for you. For example, my sister is a writer for https://au.edubirdie.com/buy-essays-online and she has a little lithning on her hand, for her is tattu is about writing.

Edited by Thicassiong - 28 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Thicassiong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thicassiong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 7:36am

Edited by Thicassiong - 25 Jan 2019 at 7:40am
JuliKobayashi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuliKobayashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Thicassiong Thicassiong wrote:

You can think of what writing means to you, and then think about how this could be represented in your tatto. It may inspire you to write even more than action sentanse. Do you see your writing as a gift? A curse? An open road? A shining light? A dark hole of despair? All these things could be summed up in a tattoo design that would be meaninful and inspiring for you. For example, my sister is a writer and she has a little lithning on her hand, for her is tattu is about writing.

That's beautiful advice! I want a tattoo I could potentially expand on, and so I'm going to think this through as well. I see writing as a gift, my salvation, path to freedom and fulfillment, etc. I'll brainstorm this and see what phrases or imagery come to me. Thank you for the thoughtful note!!
 Post Reply Post Reply