NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High Fives!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 7:16am
Didn't manage to submit this time round. You really feel the 24 hours when a good idea doesn't come early. Best of luck to everyone!
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:59am
Well done everyone! However far you got and whatever you managed to squeeze out of your brains is a hell of an achievement. Looking forward to reading your scripts! 
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by cheezopath cheezopath wrote:

Didn't manage to submit this time round. You really feel the 24 hours when a good idea doesn't come early. Best of luck to everyone!

Sorry man. That stings. Will miss your script!
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Yeah, that's what we all fear for this round. Ouch. 
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by JeffreyHowe JeffreyHowe wrote:

Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Yeah, that's what we all fear for this round. Ouch. 

Sorry to hear that. Will definitely miss getting to see another of your masterpieces.
cheezopath View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cheezopath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 11:49am
Thanks everyone! I appreciate your kind words. I feel a little better about things.
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 1:32pm

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your kind words. I feel a little better about things.

Hey Ed,

So sad, gosh, you're so talented! Wanted to reach out without this feeling patronising, but totally get how 24 hours is a real killer! I did HF for SSC and realised.....uh, no time for that and writing a good story! The pressure is always there and prevents you from being able to relax and chew the cud with your ideas....just, pressure, pressure, pressure to get something on the page!

You'll be back...………...with a vengeance!

All the best !

P x
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 2:15pm

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear this! It's true, tho--if you don't get that bolt of lightning right away, the clock just runs away from you!

Hope to see you in the next contest--I've always enjoyed and have learned from your scripts.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12