NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Genre: desire & dread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:31pm
I am dreading Political satire/intrigue. But knowing my luck round 3 will throw that at me!
ImprintedPrincess View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImprintedPrincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:39pm
As someone who received political satire for her first prompt ever here and ended up scoring a 9 with it, I just want to let people know that it doesn't necessarily have to be directly linked to politics, much less the current political affairs of whatever country you happen to be in. It could basically just be a general commentary on society, critiquing some social element, portraying it in an exaggerated/satirical light. 

I wish I had known this earlier, because it would have saved a lot of stress while I was deciding what to write about. 
Helou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ImprintedPrincess ImprintedPrincess wrote:

As someone who received political satire for her first prompt ever here and ended up scoring a 9 with it, I just want to let people know that it doesn't necessarily have to be directly linked to politics, much less the current political affairs of whatever country you happen to be in. It could basically just be a general commentary on society, critiquing some social element, portraying it in an exaggerated/satirical light. 

I wish I had known this earlier, because it would have saved a lot of stress while I was deciding what to write about. 
That’s actually incredibly helpful to know, thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic