NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 8:39am
I'm out. Knew I didn't have a prayer. I suspect the judges' feedback will boil down to: "Convoluted" and "Huh?" 

Best of luck to all those moving forward, especially to the forum favorites. Wish I could have hung around here more but the novel in progress takes up all my time right now. Good luck also to those doing the Short Story. I love that comp but can't take the time this year.

Happy New Year, writers!
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 8:58am
Congratulations to Susannah and Vince! Go get em!
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:09am
Just spotting more favourites among the 'progressors' and I'm very happy to see Soul Food up there fsenese.  Congrats to everyone I haven't spotted yet, and sorry to see some other great writers dropping out. 

Donovan, we'll miss you in the Short Story contest............ hope to see you back again soon.
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

jersey201 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jersey201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:55am
Congrats to everyone, especially those of you moving on! Happy to get honorable mention :) Can we write a story for the final round and post it in the forum?  I learn so much from your feedback!
The Red Lion View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Red Lion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 11:21am
Congrats to everyone who got this far and good luck in the final round!
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:47pm
Congrats to everyone moving on!

As soon as I saw romance I figured that was the last round for me, so not too surprised, but always a pleasure. I'll slowly be trying to catch up on my reading over the next few weeks.

After that, see y'all next year! :)
milesmum View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2014 at 10:59pm
Donovan, I'll miss you! WE'LL miss you, if I can be so bold as to speak for the pack.  I still think about that story about the guy with locked in syndrome. Masterful. Should have won!
Laszlo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laszlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by milesmum milesmum wrote:

Donovan, I'll miss you! WE'LL miss you, if I can be so bold as to speak for the pack.  I still think about that story about the guy with locked in syndrome. Masterful. Should have won!

I second that. That was a great story. Congrats to everyone. Now, this time I'm not going to say that I'll try to be on the forum more for the last round, because it seems life is taking too much of my time, but good luck to all.

Edited by Laszlo - 10 Jan 2014 at 4:39pm
"Don't worry, everything is getting nicely out of control." - Douglas Adams

Frozen Sections
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456