NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CH 2 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by BoobTubeJunkie BoobTubeJunkie wrote:

Group 4: mystery/a vegetable garden/a feather

The Trial of Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit has many reasons to hate Mr. McGregor, but he wouldn't go so far as to murder him, would he? In order to set her brother free, Mopsy must find the true killer lurking in the garden.
ha! Love!
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by terrilynncoop terrilynncoop wrote:

Okay, here goes:

Group 7: Horror/Tattoo Parlor/High Heels

<div style="text-align: center;">ETERNAL INK<div style="text-align: center;">
<div style="text-align: center;">"All of my clients get the tattoo that they deserve."
oo intriguing!
Eggcorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eggcorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:30pm
So many or these sound so great!!! Can't wait :)
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:34pm

Peter Rabbit has many reasons to hate Mr. McGregor, but he wouldn't go so far as to murder him, would he? In order to set her brother free, Mopsy must find the true killer lurking in the garden.

I'm in Group 4 ... I thought about KILLING Peter Rabbit in mine!

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
IndigoWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 12:04am
Originally posted by terrilynncoop terrilynncoop wrote:

Okay, here goes:

Group 7: Horror/Tattoo Parlor/High Heels

ETERNAL INK

"All of my clients get the tattoo that they deserve."

Sounds. Amazing.
IndigoWolf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndigoWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 12:26am
Group 8 - Genre: Romantic Comedy / Location: A Zoo / Object: A Traffic Light

RECKLESS ABANDON

Breaking free from the constraints of a tedious and lonely existence, one girl takes a chance, discovering a blossoming new love and lighting the way to a new life.

BoobTubeJunkie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoobTubeJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 2:27am
Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Ha! Poor Peter. This idea popped in my head immediately after reading the prompts, so I almost didn't write it figuring using Peter Rabbit might be a common way to go considering the setting. But the idea wouldn't leave me alone, so I went with it anyway.

I didn't post my round 1 story because I didn't have time to critique and felt bad about putting mine out there when I wouldn't be able to return feedback. I wasn't going to post this one either for the same reason, but with so many people saying they want to read it (thanks y'all, at least I know I wrote an intriguing synopsis Big smile), I might post it anyway. 
Check out my book Battle of the Butts and my movie Grave Intentions!
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 3:18am

Originally posted by Scarlet Screenwriter Scarlet Screenwriter wrote:

Ha! Poor Peter. This idea popped in my head immediately after reading the prompts, so I almost didn't write it figuring using Peter Rabbit might be a common way to go considering the setting. But the idea wouldn't leave me alone, so I went with it anyway.

I didn't post my round 1 story because I didn't have time to critique and felt bad about putting mine out there when I wouldn't be able to return feedback. I wasn't going to post this one either for the same reason, but with so many people saying they want to read it (thanks y'all, at least I know I wrote an intriguing synopsis Big smile), I might post it anyway. 

I think it is hysterical you wrote about Peter, but for another reason - 

Tops is in your group, and at first she couldn't think of what to write about.  I told her she should write about Peter Rabbit!  The difference in stories came in was that the mystery was that Peter's mother didn't know why Peter's eyes were always red and why he was always laughing inappropriately, etc.  Come to find out, Peter was no  longer stealing veggies but hanging out in ye old mary jane garden - LOL!  But momma rabbit had to solve the mystery.  

Tops decided to go a different route.  

RogueNin9 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogueNin9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 7:38am
Originally posted by JenC_P JenC_P wrote:

Group 18: Horror*; an outdoor music concert; animal crackers

*My idea of horror is watching "Hocus Pocus" around Halloween, so mine is probably pretty tame. Anyway, the logline!

ANIMALIA: Black metal group Animalia has a treat for the crowds at the High Valley Music Festival.

It took everything in me not to add the line "And that treat is ... ::pause; whips off sunglasses:: ... DEATH!"

I almost did a very similar thing, almost ended my synopsis with "when the venue is... to DIE for!"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who watches the watchmen? Me. I watch him.

FF13 R3, H2, Twelve Days
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2013 at 10:11am
Originally posted by babateigra babateigra wrote:

I'm in group 16.  

Genre:  Romance  Setting:  A Flower Shop  Object:  Colored Pencils

Cupid’s Mallow

A widow who owns a florist shop and possesses a magical gift meets her match. 

This one sounds like fun :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>