10 [13.51%]
34 [45.95%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Chris Messineo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script length
    Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 10:32am
Originally posted by CraftyKnave CraftyKnave wrote:

And on that note - anyone else out there a TS regular?
I have an account on TriggerStree, but I am by no means a regular.

Chris
CraftyKnave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraftyKnave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:19am

20 pages here, and pretty much all of page 20. One more word of dialogue would have put me over. And that was without aiming for 20.

I think the second round is going to be more fun. 24 hours for just the script seems like a luxury, having done the 48 hour film project a few times.

P.S. - F. Chong, are you the same F. Chong as the TriggerStreet regular with a similar name? Just curious, how many TS folks did this contest.

And on that note - anyone else out there a TS regular?

Edited by CraftyKnave - 01 Aug 2006 at 9:23am
J_Fox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J_Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 7:34am
Had to cut mine to get it to 20. Which is par for the course. I'm conditioned to write to whatever length I'm given (the joyful side effects of a life in advertising [sarcasm]). Write a little long and then cut to fit. The shorter the script, the less you explain! Can't - and probably shouldn't - answer everything. Like what I'm doing right now? Don't do that in your script.

Fox
ajracer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 11:14pm

Started out at 18 pages, but then, following some advice from friends, filled some parts out a little more, so I ended up running just a little bit onto the 20th page.

Andrew
gloriana1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloriana1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:16pm
I finished at 19 pages.  But it has the potential, to go a full 90 to 100 pages.
Good luck to everyone.
woatz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 6:59pm
Real worried about how long mine is coming at 19 pages, but the conversation kept going. I'll admit i haven't written in a few months, but this contest really got me going again.
also a little nervous about the format.

good luck to a 300 or so,
peace
-k
is this sh*t real?
Kyle Milligan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Milligan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 6:38pm
I started out with 18 but by the 4th draft it got to a full 20.
Chris Messineo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 11:03am
Originally posted by tjland tjland wrote:

Mine was 163 pages. Thanks to Chris M's advice last year, I shortened the action/descriptions and got in at 19. Maybe I should write a novel.
I hope you weren't in my heat. Smile

Chris
paulajcwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulajcwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:26am
Originally posted by tjland tjland wrote:

Mine was 163 pages. Thanks to Chris M's advice last year, I shortened the action/descriptions and got in at 19. Maybe I should write a novel.

Or a film... and sequel! Big smile

My first draft was about 25 pages, got it down to 19 in the end. 
tjland View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:21am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>