NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NYC we miss you!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NYC we miss you!
    Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 5:06am
While it seems that the maker/s of NYC have gone on to other exciting projects- there are those of us here who fervently wish you would not abandon this one. We want you back. We need the fix of the creative writing competitions, and are missing the community,

I'm sure this is a very time consuming endeavor, but maybe taming down the comps so they go back to the original format with just a first round and a finals. That might be easier to handle as far as judging, and frankly, it is more attractive to this reader than heats that go on for months.  Give it some thought, will you NYC?
teresa
lilafrog View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilafrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 2:17pm
Seconded!
deborah4923 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deborah4923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2012 at 10:42pm
I SO agree!!!
"My God, Elling, you have committed poetry!" (from the wonderful movie, Elling)
Maiasatara View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiasatara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 6:17am
I thought I was going insane and was convinced my browser was failing me when nothing new was showing up contest-wise. I signed up for the last one but missed the deadline so I'm doubly sad. REALLY hoping you return, as are the hundreds of others who enjoy participating. Until I can return to my MFA program in screenwriting (illness) I'm motivating myself to write with contests like these. Crossing my fingers…
Tramalox View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tramalox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:16pm
I agree! I've been checking back every other week. What happened!?!? I needed NYC and I miss all of you guys on the forums.
R1 - Group #157: The Price of a Life
topangarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topangarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2012 at 5:17pm

WELCOME BACK NYC!! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO REALIZE YOU LOVE US AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT US!

Happy to have gotten your email this morning!

londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 3:36pm
I'm not on the mailing list any more - anything new and noteworthy in that email?
maiaco View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maiaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012 at 5:24pm
Ahh London Girl - a new Short Story contest coming up, registration in February I think.  Check out the Facebook page to keep in touch with news?

http://www.facebook.com/nycmidnight?fref=ts
No baby acorns were harmed in the writing of this story

londongirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 3:12am
Thanks, maiaco, I got that. I just wondered if it said anything else, like whether they've sorted out their shoddy admin, or whether they will name the judges before the competition starts, like every other credible writing competition. Because if they don't do those two things, I'm afraid I won't be entering again.
Scarlet Screenwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Screenwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by londongirl londongirl wrote:

Thanks, maiaco, I got that. I just wondered if it said anything else, like whether they've sorted out their shoddy admin, or whether they will name the judges before the competition starts, like every other credible writing competition. Because if they don't do those two things, I'm afraid I won't be entering again.

Ditto, Ditto ...

They seek him here, they seek him there, those damned writers seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell, that damned elusive Scarlet Screenwriter! (Oh, phuck, that doesn't even rhyme!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>