NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you draw?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:42pm
19: Horror, Bullying, a photographer.

I've never written a horror story. I was thinking ghoulies and monsters, then slashers etc. 

Read a definition that horror is to incite fear, to make people see the darkest side of things. 

Horror is actually quite sad when you think about it :[ 

Finished my story though, just re-reading it every few hours. 
dsaslav View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsaslav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 11:03am
Isabear, Justbetsy - thanks for letting me know you are here and Group19ers.

Imagine my thread getting hijacked for four pages like that - and all over censorship on the Internet, something which we in high tech just had to shut down Wikipedia for a day to kill in its nest!

"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Someone other than Voltaire, according to
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080925055220AAPcWVe

David Saslav

NYCMidnight Participant since 2009
All Prior NYCM Prompts and Stories (except one) may be found beginning August/September 2009, at
http://dsaslav.blogspot.com/
yakkity View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakkity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
Group 5 / Fairy Tale / Fame / Writer
DeeEmm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeEmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 4:42pm
I'm not sure why so many people are anti-fairy tales - go watch Pan's Labyrinth and you'll see how flexible the genre is. I got #3. Drama/Winning/A Mother. I think I've taken the subject and interpreted fairly liberally, but the other two elements are there.
yakkity View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yakkity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 5:41pm
Scarlet Screenwriter, I'm here to participate in the Challenge and not to be insulted by your hard-on for the "n" word. I am Black and, no, it is not a term of endearment among any Black people whom I know--stop generalizing and start hanging out with a better class of people. Think of all the men, women, and children who were lynched in these United States and for whom that word was the last they heard screamed at them. Enough.

Good luck with the challenge.
Trillian4210 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian4210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by DeeEmm DeeEmm wrote:

I'm not sure why so many people are anti-fairy tales - go watch Pan's Labyrinth and you'll see how flexible the genre is. I got #3. Drama/Winning/A Mother. I think I've taken the subject and interpreted fairly liberally, but the other two elements are there.
Everytime I look at your prompt I wonder if someone is going to incorporate Charlie Sheen into their story.

"Duh.  Winning."   LOL
No matter where you go...there you are.
Modern Writer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modern Writer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 6:43pm
24: Sci-Fi, a new law, a tax collector

I wrote a soft Sci-Fi, post apocalyptic story. I hope the judges stretching of the genre.
laurentunnell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurentunnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:07pm
Modern Writer, you have the assignment I wish I got.  Jealous.  Is anyone else in group 15 on these forums?
Modern Writer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modern Writer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 11:24pm
Lauren, really? It was a fun one to write, but I feel it is on the fringes of being actual Sci-Fi. What did you draw?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678