NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So Far?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 4:01am
firts time on the forums, but i signed up for the comp...so hello

I thought id see how others are doing and im glad to see there are few out there who need to really think out thier stories and just dont write masterpieces off the top of their heads  :)

I got Thriller with the Photo Album.  I worked on it about 6 hours yesterday and got 7 pages or so....i think i have a good story going, but i dont know if ill be ablke to pull off the thiller aspect...I hope i do enough so it doesnt get disqualified.   I have Tuesday and Wednesday off and im hoping to be done by then to have my group of proofreaders check to see if its any good....

Edited by richke - 24 Jul 2006 at 4:02am
Chris Messineo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Messineo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 4:38am
I'm impressed with how far along everyone is so far.

I wish it came to me faster, but unfortunately I tend to write better when I am in full panic mode and that won't happen until at least Wednesday.

Chris
kirstenb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirstenb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:16am
I can't believe how far people are also......its still forming in my head....I'm stuck with comedy/hunting....the concept came to me pretty quickly - but now I'm just trying to figure out how to turn it into a story with a beginning a middle and an end. 

I work best under pressure too.  I think I might motivate tonight to try and get started though.  With my luck work will get out of control this week and I'll be in trouble.
Kirsten

28_KROGER STORE #325 9/3/14/11:52 - Romance/Grocery Store/Video Camera
keyeski38 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyeski38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:22am
Finally.
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:29am
My idea didnt come easily...it started as one thing, formed to another , then to another and now im heading towards option 4....but im getting stuck here and there trying to do character development, good story, good ending and make it a thriller....hope it works out.  Worst that will happen i wont win... best thing(well besides taking the prize home) is im getting my mind and hands dirty by doing this...

Edited by richke - 24 Jul 2006 at 5:31am
2184pro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2184pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:34am
So Far...I've completed a first draft of my assignment: Ghost Story-A Lost Trail.

It's 15 breezy pages. I'm trying not to think about it today. I'll attack it tonight with a critical eye.

The PDF function isn't working on my software, but I have an effective back-up plan.

And finally, today is my birthday. My boss brought a cake. I am loved.
Check out my other videos. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=2184pro
trike View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:40am
Originally posted by ABEAR111 ABEAR111 wrote:

Had three outlines yesterday, narrowed it to one this morning, finished page 18 at 1:00 this afternoon.  I like the general story, but it still needs a lot of work, and a touch more character development.
As usual, I'm full speed ahead and now need to go back and fill in the stuff I missed.

Holy canoli!  I just thought of an ending to mine early this morning.  (2 am -- ain't that always the way?)

I haven't even started writing it, yet, since I have to take the missus to the doctor's office and I don't want to get into that "writer who excludes the rest of the world" headspace and miss it.

Doug
trike View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:44am
Originally posted by 2184pro 2184pro wrote:

So Far...I've completed a first draft of my assignment: Ghost Story-A Lost Trail.

It's 15 breezy pages. I'm trying not to think about it today. I'll attack it tonight with a critical eye.

The PDF function isn't working on my software, but I have an effective back-up plan.

And finally, today is my birthday. My boss brought a cake. I am loved.

Happy birthday! Big smile

First draft done already?  I hate you! LOL

Doug
2184pro View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2184pro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:48am
Originally posted by trike trike wrote:

First draft done already?  I hate you! Doug

I was so excited by the progress I almost posted it on the forum. D'oh!!!
Check out my other videos. http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=2184pro
trike View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2006 at 5:49am
LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>