NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R3 2023 Short Story Title and Synopsis thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungrywriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 8:09am
Originally posted by robbotpatter robbotpatter wrote:

Does anyone know if it's today that we have the official email about the entries? I neurotically asked if I could repair my typo but didn't hear back... I assume that means no! LOL

I'm also wondering if everyone is going to go ahead and post their R3 stories on here. Me, I'm not so sure. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Confirmation emails should be today!! Let’s hope they arrive early in the day.

As for sharing, the forums are a lot smaller in later rounds but it’s always nice to have something to read at this stage in the comp to get a feel for the kinds of stories that are out there this late in the game.

But personally I’m in the boat on too. My story went kind of dark. I am pretty aware it’s not my best writing and doesn’t match the quality of my first two. Thus, I’m not sure how useful it will be to get a bunch of feedback on something I know has flaws…. But I won’t leave my group mates alone if they share, and the forums are my favorite part of NYCM, so I’ll think it over! I will have to do the dreaded thing and reread my story....

Edited by hungrywriter - 07 Jun 2023 at 8:14am
robbotpatter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbotpatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 8:26am
Thank you for your reply! I feel completely the same - my last story feels 'not there yet' but perhaps critical feedback could help improve it.  I did the dreaded 're-read' and I can tell you it was a bad place to go. Safe travels!
MuchlyGen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuchlyGen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 3:29pm
It actually
Makes me feel better to see others feel the same - since submitting I’ve been ruminating on all the ways I could have done better on my story - which I suppose is value in itself - but definitely makes me more hesitant to post. I may anyway, since sharing my writing is something I struggle with and I’m trying to get better at, but it may be with a hefty disclaimer for all the things I already know are wrong with it 😂 Like… JUST IMAGINE I INCLUDED THIS DETAIL THAT TIES IT ALL TOGETHER.
SS R1 G13 - Best Life - 1st

SS R2 G13 - Gray - 1st

SS R3 G6 - Dollface
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234