NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R3 2023 Short Story Title and Synopsis thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote frosted_jacques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:32am
G3: comedy/trash talk/life coach

Excited to read everybody's! A lot of these sound really interesting.

Cindy's Samaritans
Hard-boiled Desert Storm veteran Charles F. Cindy takes his duty to prepare the next generation of heroes very seriously.
Rix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Rix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:19pm
G1 Suspense / Five-star / a coroner

Pretty generic synopsis, but I had a ton of fun with this story!

From the Five-Star Files of Olive Lu

A young private investigator wants to take on the biggest case of her life. 

It might also be her last. 

Rix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 12:22pm
[New to forum, replied in the wrong place Clown]

Edited by Rix - 05 Jun 2023 at 12:24pm
Modernpickle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Modernpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 2:53pm
First time I'm doing this competition. Jazzed to be here for the third round. Looking forward to reading the other entries.

G2: sci fi / greathearted / a caregiver

The Changed

The changed are pleasant to be around, and caring for them suits my temperament just fine. I don’t think much about how they used to be human, at least I didn’t before Sam arrived.
emilymyoga View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote emilymyoga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 6:46pm
I was in group 7: Horror/recurrence/a grumpy old man

And I used two lines from my story for my synopsis, because I was too tired to come up with anything else!

What the Moon Sees
Most months, the coroner delivered the dead to town square at sunset and disposed of the porcelain-clean bones the next morning. But this was a dry month.

Micro 100 2020: Downstream (5th overall)
Micro 250 2022: What We Lost in the Tide (9th overall)
MeiHem View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MeiHem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 9:02pm
G7 - Horror | Recurrent | a grumpy old man

Someone Is In My House
Front door open, household items missing, noises from upstairs. She is not alone.

I am shaky at best on this one, friends. I was part of a 4-day weekend full of wedding festivities as two friends got married yesterday. Had minimal time to write, let alone lock myself into the mindset of horror. I crossed my fingers for RomCom or action even but I'm hoping this can still carry me through to the finals!
Cant wait to read from everyone soon!
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 10:07pm
Group 9 - Romance/Shipping out/Next-door neighbor

Phantoms

An elderly widower bears witness to a fragile romance that seems eerily familiar.
FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
robbotpatter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbotpatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 4:33am
I just found a typo... gah. Angry
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 5:16am
Hey there… 

Super excited to get this far. I am in group 3:  Comedy / Life Coach / Trash Talk. First time Comedy writer (other than Pol Sat!)

Good luck everyone!

If You Can’t Stand the Heat…

Lizzy is her name, and pickleball is her game until a new team at the club turns her happy place into a war zone. Will she choose the power of positive thinking or will she fight fire with fire?

robbotpatter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbotpatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:19am
Does anyone know if it's today that we have the official email about the entries? I neurotically asked if I could repair my typo but didn't hear back... I assume that means no! LOL

I'm also wondering if everyone is going to go ahead and post their R3 stories on here. Me, I'm not so sure. Anyone else in a similar boat?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>