NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Title & Synopsis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 39>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cgonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Group 156

Horror

A reward

A castaway

Reward for listening

An entity formerly referred to as Vampire considers his past and the nature of existence on an ailing planet enveloped by water. His self-perpetuating Processing Unit observes.

Same group! Hi! 

The Shipwreck Experience

This is a story about someone who voluntarily sails to a deserted island to gain the instant reward of losing weight. Be careful what you wish for.

N_Minaker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_Minaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 12:44pm
G74 - comedy, penmanship, a prankster

Excerpt from Greenfriar House: A Visitor’s Guide
We hope you enjoy your visit to Greenfriar House, an ancient English manor dating back to the medieval period. This book will guide you through the history of the house, including the origins of the infamous manuscript which hangs in the master bedchamber. 

whimsicalweasel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whimsicalweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 1:03pm
G125 - Romance, Secrecy, A barista

And Those Meddling Ghosts

Synopsis: Welcome to Cosmo, Alaska. We have hot coffee and ghosts that need to mind their own business.
Lottewat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lottewat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by DSC123 DSC123 wrote:

I was group 176 Suspense | High-speed | A defector

"When It's Time to Go"

After spying for three years, Melinda Lynnel decides it’s time to escape the evil Empire and defect to the other side in order to be reunited with her family.  But will she make it?

Good luck to everyone!!
Hi groupmate! Looking forward to reading this one 🙂
Modernpickle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Modernpickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 1:36pm
Group 164: Suspense / An eyewitness / A slush fund

TITLE: The Twenty

SYNOPSIS: Five years ago, Johnson gave me an envelope with twenty crisp one hundred dollar bills, and asked me to fix a problem. And now I have to pay the price. 

kvbs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 1:50pm
First time posting so hope I'm doing this right! (My first NYC competition was last year's Short Story and I'm currently taking part in the 250 Microfiction comp, so finally getting to grips with the forums).

Group 51: Romantic Comedy / Coffee break(s) / Germophobe

Title: Mudlarking on Nexus

Synopsis: An intertidal archaeologist at the centre of the universe meets a germophobic geographic assessor for the dominant coffee chain while searching for meaning.

I've never written RomCom before and I wasn't very inspired by the prompts so this was tough! Not sure what I ended up with was even Rom or Com, but that's for the judges to decide.

I also hate writing synopses!
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 2:49pm
Lots of fun-sounding ones in this thread! 
Group 146: Horror (first-time!) / Multiple-choice (interesting...) / An underwriter (blech)

THE TERMS

An intruder forces a man to play a demented game as they recall their shared history and how each affected the other’s life.

-EJ
Moves Like (Diet) Mick Jagger Screenplay G31 (RomCom)
All my NYCM entries :)
christophercopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophercopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 3:52pm
Group 35
A/A - a crash course - fortune hunter

The Futurist

The world’s most renowned futurist honors a young journalist’s request to meet with him at his private estate. She quickly discovers she’s not the only visitor on the schedule.

NYC Newbie: I didn't see that I needed a synopsis until just before I submitted, so I feel like it could have been better after reading all of yours.
Kristof View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Cgonya Cgonya wrote:

Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Group 156

Horror

A reward

A castaway

Reward for listening

An entity formerly referred to as Vampire considers his past and the nature of existence on an ailing planet enveloped by water. His self-perpetuating Processing Unit observes.

Same group! Hi! 

The Shipwreck Experience

This is a story about someone who voluntarily sails to a deserted island to gain the instant reward of losing weight. Be careful what you wish for.

That sound intriguing and creepy. I'm glad to find another Group 156-er and I'm looking forward to reading your story. 
kferrell6 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kferrell6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2023 at 5:30pm
Hopping on this thread! Can't wait til' the Master List is open to start posting!

Group 150:
Genre: Drama
Character: Journeyman
Subject: A close call

Title: A Plumber's Plight

Synopsis: An unsuspecting Plumber discovers betrayal and confronts his betrayer. Soon After, he finds himself in a bind...does he save the life of his betrayer, or does he let him die?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 39>