NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Most interesting thing you googled for your story
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most interesting thing you googled for your story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdemoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:30pm
Probably not the most interesting google search ever, but I'm writing an action adventure story and had to look up the most common types of guns criminals carry.  Then checked out pictures so I could describe it accurately.  

Think the post about flushing a cat down a toilet is hysterical!  Makes me wonder who in Google land does see all our crazy searches!  LOL

Edited by bdemoney - 25 Jan 2023 at 2:31pm
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:32pm
My Google searches for this one were pretty minimal. A few things about day trading. Also "How far is the Four Seasons from Venice Beach." But the stupidest was probably me questioning my own sanity when one of my beta readers didn't know the meaning of the word "inane." I googled it to make sure I wasn't losing my mind, and to remind myself that it really was a word. Then I changed it anyway. LOL

Edited by shanan187 - 25 Jan 2023 at 2:33pm
Rullawaykid View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rullawaykid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:46pm
I just googled "word for don't like someone" because I couldn't think of the word "animosity" or how to describe it, so, yes, it's going very well.
Paul Bee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:47pm
Anatomy of a door knob
250 round 1

https://forums.nycmidnight.com
/topic50789_post534861.html#534861

250 R2

https://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-gr-21-drama-losing-keys-vest_topic51497.html
jhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:50pm
definition of 'snake charmer'
synonym of 'snake charmer' 
other terms for 'snake charmer'
urban dictionary def of 'snake charmer'
synonym of snake

ugh
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Rullawaykid Rullawaykid wrote:

I just googled "word for don't like someone" because I couldn't think of the word "animosity" or how to describe it, so, yes, it's going very well.

I sat here earlier for an embarrassingly long time trying to remember the word "denial." So I totally feel you.
AprilBaker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AprilBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Cgonya Cgonya wrote:

i needed a name for my creature in my horror story so I googled "mythical creature that eats fat from living creature" and found the Pishtaco. i read it to my husband and he said he was surprised i didn't get results for cannibals. i had to tell him those weren't mythical creatures.

Supernatural had an episode on the Pishtacos. They worked at a day spa. 
Cgonya View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cgonya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by AprilBaker AprilBaker wrote:

Originally posted by Cgonya Cgonya wrote:

i needed a name for my creature in my horror story so I googled "mythical creature that eats fat from living creature" and found the Pishtaco. i read it to my husband and he said he was surprised i didn't get results for cannibals. i had to tell him those weren't mythical creatures.

Supernatural had an episode on the Pishtacos. They worked at a day spa. 

I completely forgot about this episode! Amy was in it, too!
Betzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by slinkylink slinkylink wrote:

I googled "anatomy of a wind chime" and learned that the center piece that the chimes hit is called a "striker" or "clapper." 

Fascinating! I learn something new every day!
SS2022 R1 Story: The Black Sheep

SS2023 R1: The Wee Shepherd
Betzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 7:11pm
For this round specifically, I remember one of my more obscure searches being “most wrinkly breed of dog” The answer was inconclusive, but most sources said the Shar Pei!
SS2022 R1 Story: The Black Sheep

SS2023 R1: The Wee Shepherd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>