FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2023 Short Story Beta List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LilyCat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LilyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2023 Short Story Beta List
    Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by mike450 mike450 wrote:

Thanks Treena and LilyCat!  Appreciate the late help

Getting down to the wire is the best part sometimes. LOL
mike450 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:21pm
Thanks Treena and LilyCat!  Appreciate the late help
LilyCat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilyCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by mike450 mike450 wrote:

If anyone is available and willing to be a late beta reader, I could use the help and would be open to returning the favor.  Let me know, thanks!

Hey Mike, I'm on the list, hit me up.
Treena View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 6:51pm
I can read you story
mike450 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 6:50pm
If anyone is available and willing to be a late beta reader, I could use the help and would be open to returning the favor.  Let me know, thanks!
FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 6:15pm
Bump.
Alomini View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alomini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2023 at 10:19am
You have to click "share" on the top right, and change it to "anyone with a link" then you can select "viewer", "Commenter", or "editor". If you want someone to have edit access, ask them to click on the top right, the little edit symbol, to switch to "make suggestions" and that will track changes they make on the document. but I find just making comments on people's docs is fine, so "commenter" role is good to use. (ETA: for any shared thing on the forum once it's live, I just set it as "viewer" so no one can make changes)

Edited by Alomini - 28 Jan 2023 at 10:20am
snuffles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snuffles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:53pm
I have no idea how to use google docs. Do you just paste the story in, save it, and then paste the address here or on the beta to share it? I submitted it without any beta readers but want to share when i get the ok from the admins. 
Treena View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 6:02pm
I'm at 1500 words. I kept the scratch and sniff stickers and the cat. My brain melted and those were the only two words I remembered except for "and then"

If anyone would be brave enough to be my beta reader I'd appreciate it.
MartyEss View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyEss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 1:14pm
I have submitted and I am working tonight and tomorrow night.  I frequently have downtime though, so feel free to send me what you have, I'm on Suave's list.  I'll get to you if I am able.  Good luck, everybody!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>