NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SS R1 Prompts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebatinthehat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:41am
Originally posted by aao aao wrote:

[QUOTE=thebatinthehat]Anyone in group 99? Comedy / Nickname(s) / A show-off

Not me, but didn't want to leave you hanging... (I'm in 90: drama, daydreaming, technician)

Best of luck to you, Friend!

That's really kind of you, thanks! And best of luck to you, as well! I was really concerned about mine at first but managed to come up with something that I had fun writing. How do you feel about yours? Seems like an interesting mix!
Rlswriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlswriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 7:24am
A friend of mine is in your group. She was like I know nothing about wine lol 
Rlswriter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rlswriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 7:26am
Group 15
A Spy
Allergic
A Dancer 

AprilBaker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AprilBaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Rlswriter Rlswriter wrote:

A friend of mine is in your group. She was like I know nothing about wine lol 

Was this meant for me? I think I was the only one who mentioned wine as part of their prompts. I’m not a wine drinker but I have enough common knowledge to get by in a fairy tale. Made from grapes, aged in barrels, put in bottles. Mostly done on a vineyard.
mistressposte View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mistressposte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 9:47am
Group 159: Mystery, Urban Sprawl, A Governor

I have an idea based on my MF250 R2 story but I think it would spiral into 10k+ words very easily! 

I can't believe how many people seem to have already written something for this - I'm in awe of you all!
akhooper View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akhooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
First time participant! 

Group 108: Fairy Tale, Fancy-free, A Farmerette
Deschain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deschain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by dustygerg dustygerg wrote:

Hey!
I got group 23:
Ghost Story/stubborn/scaredy cat

I usually do well in this genre so I'm hopeful!

Hey groupmate! I think we're the only two on the thread so far from G23. Good luck! I'll be sure to read yours if you post to the review thread.
miketkerr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miketkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 10:34am
I don't know my group number.. But I got Crime Caper, 'Frozen,' and 'a double-dipper.'

Before getting the assignment I sort of sketched an idea for each genre listed, and found some ideas that could be manipulated into a few genres. I really liked the little bullet points I jotted down for Crime Caper, and have definitely spent a lot of time reading Noir, so was delighted to pull that - 3000 words later I completely forgot about my double-dipper. Now I have to edit the story down, while also adding to it- jeez!
dtill359 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtill359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 5:59pm
G188
Romcom
Outdated
A mediator
AngryAnderson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryAnderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by nobodyowens nobodyowens wrote:

I got Group 44: Mystery/Antisocial/Anesthesiologist

I feel pretty good about the genre but other than that I'm a little worried. This may be the wrong place to post this but how exactly are we supposed to use the subject? I read the FAQs and the participation guide but I still don't seem to understand. 

Could someone explain? I'm new to this particular challenge so I don't think I've done one with a subject before. 

Thank you in advance and good luck eveyone! :) 
Hi fellow groupmate! This is my first time getting Mystery, and as an Agatha Christie fan, I’m excited.
I took the subject to mean that the story will have to involve someone being antisocial, but I could be wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 31>