NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SS R1 Prompts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everythingiswater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:08pm
Group 26 -- Genre: Crime Caper | Subject: Counterfeit | Character: A Preteen

Would love to read this story! Would not love to be the one writing it...I'm not particularly known for my sense of humor or wit or general ability to think my way out of tough situations. I ain't smart enough for this. 

The genre description calls it "a lighthearted crime story"...but it doesn't have to be lighthearted all the way through if I have the actual crime-story elements, right? 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm

After a false start I am getting down to it today. 
MariaPB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariaPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 10:24pm
My prompts are sci-fi, second-best, and a bouncer.

I'm having real trouble getting words down on the page, which usually is the easy part for me, compared to editing. Hopefully I find the thread of the story before too long.

Edited by MariaPB - 22 Jan 2023 at 10:37pm
Leannamander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leannamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:00pm
I got Drama, Reenactment and A Programmer. I'm having a hard time connecting all three into a plot. 😭
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Leannamander Leannamander wrote:

I got Drama, Reenactment and A Programmer. I'm having a hard time connecting all three into a plot. 😭

After the grisly murders the DA needed a 3D render of the crime scene to conclusively determine guilt.  Data was collected, the stage was set, the the results stunned everyone until they realized one of the programmers at the company generating the re-creation had his thumb on the scales of justice.
This sig intentionally blank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leannamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:54pm
Are you reading my mind?? I just started writing something with a similar plot? Or is the plot too basic?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leannamander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 11:57pm
Are you reading my mind?? I just started writing something with a similar plot? Or is the plot too basic?

Edited by Leannamander - 22 Jan 2023 at 11:57pm
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Leannamander Leannamander wrote:

Are you reading my mind?? I just started writing something with a similar plot? Or is the plot too basic?

1. If you want to reply to someone specific, you have to hit the "Quote" button in the upper right of the post you're replying to.

2. The 24-hour quarterly Short Story contest ALWAYS puts in their "what we look for" e-mail to remember that the first idea you have for their prompt? Probably at least a dozen other people thought of the same thing. 
thebatinthehat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebatinthehat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:23am
Anyone in group 99? Comedy / Nickname(s) / A show-off

aao View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 1:27am
[QUOTE=thebatinthehat]Anyone in group 99? Comedy / Nickname(s) / A show-off

Not me, but didn't want to leave you hanging... (I'm in 90: drama, daydreaming, technician)

Best of luck to you, Friend!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 31>