NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stage?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stage?
    Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 9:07am
What stage of writing are you in today?  Brainstorming, writing, proofreading, outlining, restarting  :)

I'm still wiriting and i hope to finish tonight and then the proofreeading and critiquing begins.  how is everyone else doing?
Heat #18 - The Darkness Within   
http://www.richardthomaskeel.com/media/18_TheDarknessWithin.pdf
crlncxn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crlncxn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 9:47am
[QUOTE=richke] Brainstorming, writing, proofreading, outlining, restarting  :)

Yeah, that's about where I am....    
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 10:35am
hahahah  :)
Trillian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trillian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:09am
    I'm at the edit-rework-rethink stage. And editing. Did I mention editing?
Indieme View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Indieme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 3:17pm
I have to start a complete rewrite tonight. My suspense script unintentionally veered into thriller and was almost knocking on the gate to horror. Unhappy
johnnyd View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 5:51pm
Draft 1 done. 2800 words, but none of them in the right order.

Sleep, then edit.
"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it." — George Bernard Shaw
Julie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 11:26pm

Heat 14 - Ghost Story / Tree House

As I've just emailed to Caroline I've got beyond the "Doubt Demon" stage after choosing to go with one of the few ideas I had and I'm now well into the "Prevarication Pixie" stage.

Now, the "Prevarication Pixie" is a much better companion than the "Doubt Demon" because I get to make lots of coffee and I would even do my ironing (if only I had an iron). The dogs are getting lots of cuddles this morning -  one of them even has a partial haircut.

I estimate that the "F*** This For a Game of Soldiers Fairy" will arrive sometime between midnight tonight and breakfast time tomorrow. I hate her - she really is capable of inspiring me to actually go out and buy an iron !

Meanwhile, I've got a character - he's called "Acorn Jack" and he's about to have a coffee with the Prevarication Pixie and myself. We might watch a bit of the Australian Open while we're about it.

Good Luck everyone.

Julie
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 4:31am
Just sent mine off to three proof readers with 2518 words.  I hope it's thriller...i always seem to stray away but sort of make its way back.

and does anyone know if the title is included in the word count?  Because then i would be at 2514

Edited by richke - 17 Jan 2007 at 4:34am
jannaelph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jannaelph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 5:38am
I hear you, Idieme. My suspense story morphed into a psychological thriller and I hate to let it go. Do I rework or write another? Confused
richke View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 6:12am
Originally posted by jannaelph jannaelph wrote:

I hear you, Idieme. My suspense story morphed into a psychological thriller and I hate to let it go. Do I rework or write another? Confused
cant suspense and thriller go hand in hand?  I wouldnt rewrite but i would have someone read it and see what they think.

Maybe i wrote a suspense rather than a thriller...but i was thinking i was writing a physchological thriller.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>