NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What'd you get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:02am
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Originally posted by CHartman CHartman wrote:

Sci-fi/ amnesia/ enraged.. not my favourite genre but I can work with these!!
Xmas party any moment now (in Australia), then Saturday I have to drive 2 hours north and back to visit a dying relative, then Sunday is my younger child's birthday. I think this will be written in snatches...

Oh that's A LOT! But I feel ya on the fragmented writing. My husband has to work all weekend so I'll be flyin' solo with 2 kiddos with the added adventures of getting our xmas tree. Expect frenzied freakout come Sunday...
MT Christian View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MT Christian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 9:11am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

Feeling very lucky! I landed my favorite genre :) Group 11: fairy tale and/or fantasy / out-of-body / uneasy. Really keen to see where people take this prompt because omg the potential 

Good luck this weekend, everyone! ❤️

I'm 11 too. I really like these prompts! 

If this was the World Cup, that would be 'the group of death'. 

Ha! True story!
500Word R1 G18 The Pits
Jamesarkell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesarkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 10:36am
Group 5 (Romance, Quick Fix, Jovial) here. I suspect a jovial romance will look very much like a romantic comedy!
Avalon23 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avalon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 11:57am
Originally posted by rlambert rlambert wrote:

Group 16 - action/adventure / entitlement / unhappy

Nice to see there are so many from this group already!

Lots of ideas flowing for this one, but nothing solid yet.

And another one here!

First time with action/adventure, and not really sure how to approach it.  But I'm sort of getting an idea to work with that will hopefully be close enough to the genre.

jhenn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 12:28pm
Group 9 - drama / independence / regretful

This feels wide open at least. I have an idea, based on my own experience... but I'm struggling with the "drama" part. Off to reread the genre definition a few thousand more times.

Lulumacmac View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lulumacmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Originally posted by CHartman CHartman wrote:

Sci-fi/ amnesia/ enraged.. not my favourite genre but I can work with these!!

Hi heatmate!
I have the germ of an idea for a plot. But no idea how it's going to develop from here.

Xmas party any moment now (in Australia), then Saturday I have to drive 2 hours north and back to visit a dying relative, then Sunday is my younger child's birthday. I think this will be written in snatches...

Ha ha @firehorse. Told you we’d be groupmates 😂 and yay @CHartman too 🙌

I am exhausted from not much sleep this week and work all day today and I’ll be up early driving to the west country tomorrow for a friend’s 40th weekend. Not sure when I am going to write 🤦‍♀️😂😭

And sci fi is not my genre!

Still, v excited to be in a group with two wonder-writers like you both. Excellent company indeed. Good luck ❤️

I will return overdue reads (so sorry!) I promise but I just need to take a break from NYCM for a bit. I will be back! Big love.
b3th View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b3th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Mahunny Mahunny wrote:

Originally posted by b3th b3th wrote:

Group 7, thriller/suspense, clueless, affectionate 

I can work with that... I hope 😬

Hey group mate! 
I think I’m going to go with the first idea that popped into my head, which thankfully seems to be something that will fit quite well without too much rethinking.

The contrast of going from round one to round two and only having three days is pretty big, I’m feeling the pressure of the time so much. I’m going to be putting pen to paper at every opportunity today just so I can get started and get the flow going.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I've taken the day to just concentrate on this, and actually have a finished product that I'm pretty happy with already. (Hopefully, I still feel that way about it tomorrow!)

Considering how much I struggled with rom com in the first round, I'm pleasantly surprised how easily this one flowed.

Good luck with yoursxxx
b3th View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b3th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by sfuji sfuji wrote:

Hi group mate -- another group 7 over here!!!! Was also hoping for something on the lighter side since I pulled horror last time, but still fairly stoked. Hope you post when we get the green light! 

Definitely! And I hope you do, too!
CHartman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 4:35pm
Fun to have some group mate's on here but I'm sad I won't be able to use you as a beta this round!!!  Good luck with the writing and I can't wait to read if you decide to post!
Mahunny View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2022 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by Mahunny Mahunny wrote:

Hey group mate! 
I think I’m going to go with the first idea that popped into my head, which thankfully seems to be something that will fit quite well without too much rethinking.

The contrast of going from round one to round two and only having three days is pretty big, I’m feeling the pressure of the time so much. I’m going to be putting pen to paper at every opportunity today just so I can get started and get the flow going.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

I've taken the day to just concentrate on this, and actually have a finished product that I'm pretty happy with already. (Hopefully, I still feel that way about it tomorrow!)

Considering how much I struggled with rom com in the first round, I'm pleasantly surprised how easily this one flowed.

Good luck with yoursxxx

I’ve barely been able to concentrate on work today for all the rhymes running around my head! But I’ve finished my first draft now, 498 words so if I need to add anything then I need to do some cutting too.
I’m a complete newbie to this so I’ve never written anything thrilling in my life, and my husband did not seem engaged at all with the draft I read him earlier in the day. Hopefully it’s improved since then!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>