NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhyming story results?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gvmhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by CHartman CHartman wrote:

Originally posted by momjourno momjourno wrote:

HM for me, and I'm a bit disappointed-- this was my 7th NYCM competition and the first one I'm not progressing past the first round. Plus, my piece (S.S. Sarcoma) was actually one of my favorite things I've written in awhile and I was hoping to find a home for it (which I've discovered is a hard for long rhyming poetry). Ah well, also a bit of relief to not be on a deadline again so soon after MF250! Good luck to everyone going on. 

I am shocked you didn't place first in your group - much less not make it through at all.  Yours was my favourite story of this competition!  I just read the judges feedback you posted and I think one judge just didn't get it at all - the one who didn't like the title.  They must be one of the rare lucky souls who have not had their life touched by terminal illness of a loved one.  The fact that they disliked your MC makes me viscerally angry!  I hope you will take the forum feedback to heart and send this beautiful piece out in to the word in another way!

I agree with this, it was quite clever and a compelling read, I'm shocked this didn't make it through.

Edited by gvmhell - 30 Nov 2022 at 2:09pm
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 4:12pm
Group 21: Pleased to get 6th place with a piece of beat prose - it was a risky strategy!

Edited by Alex Grey - 30 Nov 2022 at 4:24pm
Seven View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 5:00pm
Group 47 / 8th place

Totally surprised and grateful to be writing another rhyming story.
I will try to remember that at noon on Sunday when I am freaking out.

Seven 
Beulah View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beulah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 6:53pm
Ugh! That sucks POO! So close! I'm on the opposite end though, I was HM5. My notes were mainly complimentary except they didn't get the twists. I thought they were really clear and more would've spoiled it. But without that, it makes sense they didn't like it so much. Except I don't know why they didn't get why my MC was hopeful. I said he was bored and wanted to play several times before that, and he even screamed to get their attention for them to come over and play, so I don't why they didn't get what he was hopeful for. But that's about how the whole thing went.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011