FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

noobie noob to the forum, but not to writing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: noobie noob to the forum, but not to writing
    Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:36pm
Welcome, welcome, welcome! This is my first year with NYCM, but Rhyming will be my fourth challenge, and I just can't wait! It should be loads of fun. I'm not a poet by nature but started to feel a bit more poetic after working through the 100-word Microfiction contest and (unintentionally lol) creating a poetry entry for my R2 Smile

I see you found the Creative Writing Corner, which is great! It's much more active than the "Everything Else" forum; I think this may be the first time I've been in this forum as I'm killing time waiting for Micro final results LOL

I'm looking forward to reading your entry! There should be a beta list put up at some point early Saturday morning so other people can review your entry before submission if you'd like, then a Rhyming Story Challenge review posted some time around Tuesday, Oct 3rd, so everyone can enjoy everyone else's work after submission, too!
BethBirley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BethBirley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 4:49am
Hello, hi, how are you?
My name's Beth, 42, from UK, not new to writing but new to the forum, been writing for years. One of my proudest achievements from when I was a kid is getting a large Blue Peter badge for a poem I sent in about the Gulf War. I sold it 5 years ago on Ebay for £25, and it could have got a lot more! 
So I finally decided to have a go for the poetic story contest, which may mean am Raven mad or just that am hoping for a Paradise Regained, or perhaps I am just sonnet else all together (insert groans). 
Anyway, hello everyone from a very quick witted and youthful 42 year old.
this writer defines herself as she/her and is neurodiverse.
 Post Reply Post Reply