NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Titles and Synopses for Challenge 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 29>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicerose456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:14am
Group 60 Horror/Jungle/Engagement ring

Tropical Contamination
Infected humans roam the Jungle and it’s in Theodore’s hands to find answers. Will the bitten off hand he finds help him in this endeavor?

MagsWrites View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagsWrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 9:57am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

Originally posted by samanthadunne samanthadunne wrote:

As always, all of these sound so fun! The amount of talent on this forum is dazzling. Making a beeline to those spy stories come Wednesday. LOL

Group 108: Comedy / A school dance / A calculator

Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus CE: The Chaperone No One Asked For

Synopsis: A calculator imprisoned in the pocket of a 12-year-old boy at the middle school dance tries to help him let go a little.

OMG, I can't WAIT to read this one!! I'm excited for you to get off of work on Wednesday so I can hop right over to this one LOL

YES!!! Another teammate!! Star I love your synopsis! You also used my son's age exactly. I went with my daughter's age group  - Prom LOL

Please let me know if you post your story when we are able to. I'd love to read yours!
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by samanthadunne samanthadunne wrote:

Ahhhhh, same with yours, though! (Although, I am also a baby when it comes to horror. I'll just have to read about the equestrian adventures in broad daylight ;) But title: 10/10 Saddle Club vibes: 1000/10

SAME!! I needed sooo much help from betas to write an actual horror story because I'm so scared of horror! I think it turned out to be pretty spooky but am fully prepared to get feedback that it's not scary enough LOL
KelsNotChels View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KelsNotChels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 11:21am
Property Value

As newlyweds Daisy and Ben tour the first stop on their house hunting journey,
they can’t imagine all of the beautiful, unexpected, and memorable ways
they will make this house their home.

Group 16: romance / a new house / cinnamon

Edited by KelsNotChels - 16 Aug 2022 at 11:22am
sfuji View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

Originally posted by ZoeLou ZoeLou wrote:

Group 20 - spy / a wave pool / police tape.

Penn on Paper

When Penn receives less-than-ideal prompts, her Idea–the beating heart of any story–disappears. She must navigate the spy genre, a wave pool, and (for some reason) police tape, before the mysterious Watchers assign her a fate worse than death: a DQ.

Not sure if anyone's openly dared the judges to disqualify them before, but here we go. Hopefully I can at least make a few forum folks laugh ;)

Oh my goodness I can't wait to read this when the forums open. LOLLOLLOL That title is Clap.

ALL of this is bloody brilliant. I cannot wait to ready this!!!! 
thomasjames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thomasjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:57pm
Hi all, 

Group 76: 
Fairy Tale / Hospice / Drinking Fountain

Into The Fray

In the wake of a thunderstorm, terminally ill August is gifted instructions for how to make a wish, but only one. 

When it doesn’t go to plan, he looks to make another and finds that, in rebellion, there is a price to pay.

sfuji View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 12:58pm
Group 88: crime caper | a carousel | a toupee 

A Royal Treasure Trove

A prince and princess are on the hunt to make a big score. Will they find something unique that no one else will claim, or will they remain empty-handed?

Pulled crime caper as my first entry in NYCM for SS this year and had a blast. This time around, not feeling overly confident on this lit'l piece, but nonetheless, still had fun. Looking forward to reading others' crafty gems soon! Smile  
sfuji View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sfuji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ramblejamble ramblejamble wrote:

Sigh. I think Crime Caper defeated me. Pretty sure I just submitted the worst story I've ever written (it's a ridiculous mess) but glad to have submitted something! 

Nahhh!!! You blew us all away with your last story, and excited to read what you came up with next! 
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by sfuji sfuji wrote:

Group 88: crime caper | a carousel | a toupee 

A Royal Treasure Trove

A prince and princess are on the hunt to make a big score. Will they find something unique that no one else will claim, or will they remain empty-handed?

Pulled crime caper as my first entry in NYCM for SS this year and had a blast. This time around, not feeling overly confident on this lit'l piece, but nonetheless, still had fun. Looking forward to reading others' crafty gems soon! Smile  

I feel like I'm seeing CC a LOT more than in years past. I just had it this challenge, too. I had no idea what I was doing. Haha. Best of luck with this one! Sounds like you have the genre well in hand. Smile
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Meg Murray Meg Murray wrote:

Yay! This sounds awesome!! Can't wait to read it. Smile

Thank you, friend! It was a gift to read yours in beta <3 <3 <3

Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

YES! Beloved is one of my favorite novels. If you haven't read The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates, I can't recommend it enough. Historical fiction with a beautiful amount of magical realism. 

I'm looking forward to reading your Coyote story if you share it on the forums. Your writing is always a treat. :)

ooo I haven't read it yet, but I've heard good things before! I'll definitely add it to my TBR. Thanks for the rec and the kind words!! <3 It means a lot coming from you, and I'm excited to get to read your story soon :)

Originally posted by GenieAZ GenieAZ wrote:

Taylor, this sounds amazing!  I can't wait to read it.

Ahh thank you!! I've enjoyed so many of your stories and I'm stoked to see what you came up with this round <3
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 29>