NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Googling my object lol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerretKittyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Googling my object lol
    Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 4:37pm
So my object was "flop sweat". I had no idea what that was and turned to Google to find out that it's nervous sweat brought on by fear of failure. 

I also found this Urban Dictionary definition...

"The light and tiny beads of sweat that transfer from the back of a males scrotum to the skin of a female during sex, usually propelled by the energy of the sack flopping back and forth." 

I am super tempted to use the Urban definition, especially since I got zero points in round 1. But not sure how to work that into a drama
 LOL
Rhyming2 Vacation Vexation

Rhyming1Stella
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 12:19am
Originally posted by FerretKittyMom FerretKittyMom wrote:

So my object was "flop sweat". I had no idea what that was and turned to Google to find out that it's nervous sweat brought on by fear of failure. 

I also found this Urban Dictionary definition...

"The light and tiny beads of sweat that transfer from the back of a males scrotum to the skin of a female during sex, usually propelled by the energy of the sack flopping back and forth." 

I am super tempted to use the Urban definition, especially since I got zero points in round 1. But not sure how to work that into a drama
 LOL

I am sorry, but that should easily be placed in any everyday conversation. I hear it all the time in the coffee shop.
Jennk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 3:54am
This is the funniest thing I've read all day. LOL

Thanks for the comedic break but sorry to hear about your very odd prompt! Shocked
Lally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 5:25am
I’m your group too! Literally getting flop sweat in has been the biggest nightmare of this weekend - especially as it’s a drama, surprisingly any and all serious drama moments seem to be ruined a tad by the words ‘flop sweat’…. 

Hope you’ve had more luck with it than me. 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 5:44am
FerretKittyMom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerretKittyMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Lally Lally wrote:

I’m your group too! Literally getting flop sweat in has been the biggest nightmare of this weekend - especially as it’s a drama, surprisingly any and all serious drama moments seem to be ruined a tad by the words ‘flop sweat’…. 

Hope you’ve had more luck with it than me. 

I ended up using the term "nervous sweat" and then described how my main character was afraid of failing. Hopefully that satisfies the requirement. I didn't score in round one anyways, so if they DQ me so be it. 
Rhyming2 Vacation Vexation

Rhyming1Stella
Deanna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 1:21pm
I also had this prompt!! Never heard the phrase before and had to brace myself for the Google search - it just sounds so dirty! Luckily I saw the nervous sweat definition first 😅 😅
FF22 CH2 Drama:
Industrial Action
td333777 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 7:07pm
I had it too—but I’d heard it many times before in the context of a stage performer getting it before going out in front of a crowd.  In the end, it wasn’t as tough to incorporate as I thought it would, as almost everyone has a cause for nervous sweat at some point in their lives!

Trey
FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
 Post Reply Post Reply