NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micro 100 Final Prompt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zydrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:09am
Genius! Thanks for the tip with that =) 
KanishkT View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote KanishkT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:11am
Personally, I would be surprised (and a touch frustrated) if it was necessary to give a genre. I gave one, political satire/fantasy, but an "Open" genre should allow for no genre at all. A lot of microfiction might not fit neatly into a bucket!
Zydrate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zydrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by KanishkT KanishkT wrote:

Personally, I would be surprised (and a touch frustrated) if it was necessary to give a genre. I gave one, political satire/fantasy, but an "Open" genre should allow for no genre at all. A lot of microfiction might not fit neatly into a bucket!

Thank you for answering! I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. That was what I assumed going into the final round, so the question asking for genre(s) kinda' threw me off 😅 

Edited by Zydrate - 01 Aug 2022 at 9:17am
CamsynClair View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamsynClair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2022 at 9:58am

You gave me the gremlin thought that if I ever make final again, to just put "Open" when they ask for the genre in the form LOL I probably wouldn't actually do that, but the thought gave me a giggle on a Monday morning haha
Zydrate View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zydrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 10:52am
That's even better! LOL
Brettleanne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettleanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2022 at 11:32am
Originally posted by CamsynClair CamsynClair wrote:

You gave me the gremlin thought that if I ever make final again, to just put "Open" when they ask for the genre in the form LOL I probably wouldn't actually do that, but the thought gave me a giggle on a Monday morning haha

I had trouble with genre as well and just put “drama”. Now one commenter mentioned they weren’t sure that my micro is actually a story - they might be right! I guess I know what I’ll be ruminating on for the next 6 weeks! 😆
Brett Leanne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456