NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Re: Forum Signatures?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannriley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Re: Forum Signatures?
    Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:10pm
With the 200 character limit on signatures and the urls being as long as they are, I can't seem to successfully include links to stories in my signature.  I only have two right now.  However, I see other people include numerous links in theirs. Am I missing some shortcut that others have caught on to?

Thanks in advance!
jayscottink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayscottink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 1:55pm
Link shorteners help--my go-to is bitly. You past the long forum URL into their website, and it spits out a much, much shorter one, which saves enough characters to squeeze a third story in, depending on your title lengths and so on. There's also a post in the main Creative Writing Corner forum where folks keep links to all of their past stories in a comment, and you can link to that comment in your signature too, along with, say, your active competition stories. That thread is here: Author Archive.

Hope that helps :)
500 Final - Like a Sailor's Lady-Love (Sci-Fi)
shannriley View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannriley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 2:23pm
Oh hey thanks, I'll try that!
Anthea123 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 2:49pm
Actually came here because my signature won't update properly... it looks good in my profile...doesn't appear right in the posts...and then when I got check what looked right originally has changed to this:
Would appreciate any help!

Edited by Anthea123 - 21 Jun 2022 at 2:50pm
Kimmietta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmietta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2022 at 10:17pm
I'm getting the same problem! shoots up some crazy "No follow...." message

Kimberly Roberts
Read my round 1 story ParkingDeck

Shots Required

Anthea123 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Kimmietta Kimmietta wrote:

I'm getting the same problem! shoots up some crazy "No follow...." message

Did you manage to sort it yet?
I had that exact same "no follow..." message at one point - got a few different error messages. along the way. The way I fixed mine was by drastically shortening the signature. I ended up removing the whole link to my first round story and then it worked. Not ideal but at least I still have my current flash fiction and micro fiction there.
 Post Reply Post Reply