NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R1 results delayed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:07pm

Sometimes life is like a box of chocolates.
Maiasatara View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiasatara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 12:56pm
So I’m seeing a page that says the results are listed below by group but where the list should be it says “Need Airtable.” Can anyone confirm whether this is just a placeholder for the data coming tonight or is there some additional download I need? The manner in which we navigate submissions and results has changed over time. As for delays, there are times when they have arrived earlier than the revised deadline so one never knows. Thanks and good luck!
gertojeda View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gertojeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 1:05pm
Yes I've seen the page too, looks like a placeholder for when they are ready.  I guess we just have to wait.  Would they push back the 2nd round assignments as well? This is the first time I've seen a delay.

2022 SC RD1 GRP2- The G-Word
thurvano View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thurvano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 2:00pm
i hope they don't delay round 2 if I get in.  I took time off work in the hope I need it.   
Probably Someone View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Probably Someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 5:24pm
No, they never delay the round -- just the results. It happens a lot with the fiction challenges, especially in the opening rounds, since there are so many entries. 
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2022 at 9:35pm
No longer delayed!
Draiodor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Draiodor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 1:35pm
Congrats to all moving on.

This was my first time doing any screenwriting and I think it showed. The feedback was very useful, and pointed out a few things I just completely missed that wouldn't have been a big deal in a short story, but when you're translating to the screen, you need to look after them.

Will definitely be doing a re-write and maybe seeing if a few of us can throw together something on film over a weekend.
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Draiodor Draiodor wrote:

Will definitely be doing a re-write and maybe seeing if a few of us can throw together something on film over a weekend.

That's the best! Keep us posted if you actually film it. That's the NYCM dream -- something that didn't exist turned into a screenplay, turned into eventual short film? Best of luck!
-EJ
Moves Like (Diet) Mick Jagger Screenplay G31 (RomCom)
All my NYCM entries :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12