NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Round 2 results TODAY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:36pm
Same boat—it’d be cool to move on, but we are in the middle of training our summer staff for camp—my schedule is packed!

Edited by amlewi08 - 18 May 2022 at 10:36pm
Vandy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by amlewi08 amlewi08 wrote:

Same boat—it’d be cool to move on, but we are in the middle of training our summer staff for camp—my schedule is packed!

You are so, totally, moving on. Your story is *chef's kiss*. If nothing else, I'm happy to beta-read for you! Cheers Thumbs Up
AubreyZahn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AubreyZahn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:02pm
Y’all. I had a f**king day. One sad and absurd thing after another, the likes of which could fill a country music song (finding out that my sweet cat Moxie has cancer was only my day’s second-lowest point).

All of which is to say, I needed this first-place finish and can now go to bed on a bit of a high note. Looking forward to a writing weekend!

Edited by AubreyZahn - 18 May 2022 at 11:04pm
FF Challenge #3 - Minotaur
salgal80 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salgal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:05pm
I fell short this round.
Congrats to all those moving on!
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2022 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by AubreyZahn AubreyZahn wrote:

Y’all. I had a f**king day. One sad and absurd thing after another, the likes of which could fill a country music song (finding out that my sweet cat Moxie has cancer was only my day’s second-lowest point).

All of which is to say, I needed this first-place finish and can now go to bed on a bit of a high note. Looking forward to a writing weekend!

Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear about your cat!  I have a friend who’s cat just got diagnosed with kidney failure, and I know she is a total mess right now. Sending you positive, healing thoughts.

But also, congrats on your win. Although, having read your piece already, I can’t say it’s a surprise. Haha

Edited by amlewi08 - 18 May 2022 at 11:29pm
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 3:06am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

I'm not expecting to advance and I'm okay with that. I've got a busy weekend, and having to write a story might trigger the complete meltdown I've been staving off for the past few months. Still, I hope they put us out of our misery early - the time difference means I go to bed about 6pm NY time, and I don't sleep well if I'm waiting for results.

I was right - I'm out, and the instant reaction was relief (although an HM would have been nice). I had my FF challenge 3 romcom published at Every Day Fiction this week, so I'm feeling pretty good about my writing right now and this isn't going to dent that.

See you all next month for Flash 2022!
Steven Kay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 5:49am
Pleased to have placed 3rd in my group, but like many others on here, it would almost have been a relief to not place. I'm flying to Croatia on Sunday so R3 is going to be a rush job if I don't want to still be making edits on the plane Tongue

Well done all for showing up for yourself.
Avalon23 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avalon23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:15am
Oh my - first time first place in my group!  But I have no idea how I can get a story done this weekend.
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:29am
Very happy with 2nd! 

Good luck to everyone writing this weekend! (It's a Canadian long weekend, so my husband was grumbling about that part of the news. LOL I foresee many writing breaks involving manual garden/backyard-labour.)

G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
SummerGirl87 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SummerGirl87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:14am
I advanced by the skin of my teeth (5th place) haha but I made it! I've never advanced this far in the short story contest :) Does anyone know if I can expect judges' feedback before tonight's assignment? 
SSC R2: Appalachia
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>