NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

question from a Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question from a Newbie
    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 11:15pm
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the short story challenge and I've shared my piece.  But I seem to be the only person who has shared their piece in the body of the message, which elongated the paragraphs and doesn't make for the best reading.  I notice that everyone else has tidy little links to their stories.

Some are in google docs.  Why can't I figure out how to do that?  Anyone who can tell me how?

Thanks!

Thistle
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2022 at 11:29pm
Go to Google Docs (you need a google account and to be logged in.) Upload your story (I found RTF format worked best.) Then go to the Share button in the upper right. Choose the option "anyone with link can view" (this is important-do NOT copy the task bar.) Put that link in your post. If you want to you can use code [url = httpyourlinknospaceshere ] Name of Story [/ url] but you don't have to.

Some people use Dropbox but I don't so I can't help with that option. 
 Post Reply Post Reply