NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Titles and Synopses!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdre017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 2:21am

Group 192 - sci-fi, test-market, devotee

THE MACHINE

The creator of a machine that can bring someone back from the dead bargains his freedom by becoming its test subject.

SweetLoretta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetLoretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 2:26am
Originally posted by salgal80 salgal80 wrote:

SO many stories!

Here's mine....group 13: ghost story/oversleeping/roommate

The Ghostbook Posts of Myrtle Cartwright

Myrtle Cartwright may have left this world behind, but her stay in limbo has been chronicled in Ghostbook for all eternity.

Hi group mate!

Oh goodness I think I love Myrtle already. And it appears we both love ghosts in limbo!
SSC R1 G13: Wake Up Call
Ghost Story/Oversleeping/A Roommate
Mumser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 2:29am
Originally posted by Revitalized_Creative Revitalized_Creative wrote:

Group 156

Mystery

Mistaken identity

A recycler

The Whirlwind Saga of the Great Alton Arts Revival

A sculptor finds herself at the center of a strange series of events unfolding in her hometown.
Great to see you, heatmate. Love the title - can't wait to read!
SweetLoretta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetLoretta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 2:33am
Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

Originally posted by iress iress wrote:

Originally posted by WhistlerCrowe WhistlerCrowe wrote:

Group 82: Drama, Game Changer, Spokesman

The Sort of Darkness You Can Drown In

The alcoholic union leader of a coal mine in Appalachia fights for updated safety measures while his pregnant wife fights to reclaim her husband from the grips of his addiction. 

What a great title! And great promise of dramatic conflict. I am looking forward to reading this one.

Wow! Thank you so much! Hopefully, you'll like it. 

I agree. Gorgeous title - and a really thoughtful, heart-rendering story from the sounds of it.
SSC R1 G13: Wake Up Call
Ghost Story/Oversleeping/A Roommate
Steven Kay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 4:20am
Group 3 - Horror / A detour / An airman

Kojima

U.S. Air Force pilot Kit Bellamy is en route to destroy Japan’s last fuel reserves during the final stages of the Second World War, when a mysterious hole in the plane’s fuselage forces him to land on a small island his friend Lewin warned him to avoid at all costs.
SlydogZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlydogZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 6:37am
 Sounds great. Sounds more up the alley I would have preferred. I look forward to a read
Synzer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 6:59am
I had fun writing this one. I look forward to reading others.
Group 61 / Spy / A Carjacking / A vintner

Family Business

When an agent at the Spy Agency goes missing, another agent named Lyn goes looking for him. Investigations of a mysterious vintner named Starla reveals a hidden plot that is far more insidious than either agent could have imagined.
Read my 1st Round story titled Family Business
mcdeirdre View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mcdeirdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 7:00am
Group 97 Fairytale/Destiny/Smokejumper

F.R.A.N.Z.
While a forest fire rages, a whimsical afternoon adventure turns into a strategic rescue plan. Love, determination, and teamwork pave the way to discovering a true destiny.

First time entering a contest and first fairytale. Really looking forward to reading all the stories and getting feedback. Good luck all!

Edited by mcdeirdre - 24 Jan 2022 at 7:15am
mcdeirdre View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcdeirdre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 7:18am
Hey group-mate, looking forward to sharing our stories.
iBenj View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 7:21am
Group 59: Comedy + 'around-the-clock' + a motorcyclist:

Around the Clock and Back Again
Oscar's going home. He's been nine years old for six years now, and he'd like a word with his grandmother.

My first foray into the NYC Midnight short story contest, or any writing contest for that matter. I've always been very good at starting stories. Finishing them, not so much. With the help of a most talented collection of beta readers, I've learned to recognise my addiction to adjectives. One day, I may even do something about that...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>