NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SS prompts! What'd you get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K80Novice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by LadyArkham LadyArkham wrote:

Originally posted by K80Novice K80Novice wrote:

I am in your group. I am also struggling. Done a lot of useless research. Hopefully we both crack this code. Best of luck

So, if you want to noticeably reply to a particular user, you're looking for the "quote" button instead of the reply one.

Thanks! I tried to delete them, but there is no option for that, so now I just look like an idiot.
Writer of stories both true and imagined.
jegmouse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jegmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 5:52pm
Group: 75
Thriller; Streetwise; Business Owner

My story is written and now I am reviewing/editing it.

I'm from Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia - a shout out to any other people from Port and NSW.

Edited by jegmouse - 18 Jan 2022 at 6:13pm
cford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by jegmouse jegmouse wrote:

Group: 75
Thriller; Streetwise; Business Owner

My story is written and now I am reviewing/editing it.

I'm from Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia - a shoot out to any other people from Port and NSW.

Just spent a week in PM, beautiful part of the world!! We are down on the Murray River but have already decided to come back up there next summer. Best of luck with the editing!
jegmouse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jegmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 6:01pm
AndrewShootsScores hello fellow groupie. I was really pleased with the group criteria - I've written my story and now I am reviewing/editing it. That always takes me the longest time.

Good luck, hope you post your story for the rest of the group to read, I will for sure.

Emma
jegmouse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jegmouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 6:13pm
CFORD Wow, just read your R2 story, so vivid, and visual, if I closed my eyes I could picture the scene in my head, brilliant. 

I am currently writing a Vietnam War novel, I'm 26000 words in and have taken a break to do this and another short story competition and another, but will get back to it very soon.
Ford9863 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford9863 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 8:39pm
We're group mates! 

I sure hope you're having an easier time than I am. I was so excited when I first drew these prompts but now I'm like 4 plots in and I don't like a single one of them, lol. 

At any rate, good luck! 
Polymarkos View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymarkos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:15pm
Crime caper, a shipwreck, a muscleman. 

Already finalizing my draft. Will submit tonight or tomorrow. I got favorable responses from critique partners. I hope that means I have a fair chance at Round Two.

Good luck everyone! Write mightily!
Ammie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:23pm
Comedy, Pessimism, A persona non grata Yikes!
McAllister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by cford cford wrote:

Originally posted by uglypantsuit uglypantsuit wrote:

Mystery / Metermaid / memory lapses

Soooo in Australia, meter maids only exist on the Gold Coast, and are young girls in gold bikinis who go around topping up people's parking meters to encourage tourism.

I want to use this version because it will play really well for a murder/mystery, but I'm a bit worried the American judges won't understand it... Guess I need a line or so of expository dialogue explaining who they are. Or should I just play it safe and use a 'normal' meter maid? 

I'm also in Australia and while I definitely know about the Gold Coast meter maids it's more of a vague 'oh yeah, they do have something like that in QLD don't they?' kind of a way so it's probably safe to assume an American judge would need a little bit of context. 

I do so hope you go with this type of metermaid though!!

They are right...you do learn something everyday and I am so happy this is what I learned today! Please, please, please use these Gold Coast meter maids!
Seven View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 10:50pm
Group 186

Romance
Ripple effect
A daydreamer

Was terribly excited Friday night.  Now, Tuesday night, not so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 32>