NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkayo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP PLEASE
    Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:37pm
I am sorry, but I am totally lost on how to use this forum.

I'd like to add my scripts but I don't use google docs, never have, no clue how to even start. 

The blog? Is that something I do on my own? Or is it a thing on this website?

And I've seen that people have gotten feedback for the first round. How? Where is it? How do I access my feedback.

Thanks for any help with this stuff. 

Mary K-O
Mary Krell-Oishi
Mary Krell-Oishi
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:35pm
Hi there,

The first step is to create a new post in the relevant forum. 
Here's how to do that:

Add a “New Topic” (this will start your very own thread - so be sure you do it from within your contest's forum, and not  elsewhere. In the subject, include the Challenge #, Group/Heat number, and the Title of your piece:

Ch2 Gr17 My Title

In the body of your post, include the prompts, title, and synopsis/logline

Link your story.

• Pasting your story into a post means it will be here forever - you can't delete the post.  
  • Sharing your story read-only from your google drive, onedrive, or blog allows you to unshare, remove, or password-protect it later. 
  • Pasting the link without making it live (clickable) is sufficient - but there are lots of stories to read, and the time it takes to copy and paste that into a browser is enough to send some people on their way.  The easier you make it for people, the more people will respond :)

If you use Google, please note that if you are looking at your story, you can’t just copy the address from your browser – it will point users to their own google drive, or give a permissions error (depending on how you go about it).  Most reliable: look at your google drive.  See your story in the list of files? Right-click it and choose the option to share a link (or whatever they are calling it this week).  Make sure you chose “view” permissions – and use that link.

For additional info, check out JensPenDen's "How To Post Your Story To The Forum"! Or https://forums.nycmidnight.com/this-is-for-all-you-new-people_topic12975.html

Last note: It's easy to create a Google Doc and get a shareable link.

1. Open a file in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
  2. Paste/write your story there.
  3. In the top right corner, click Share.
  4. Click "Get shareable link" in the top right of the "Share with others" box.
  5. To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, click the Down arrow next to "Anyone with the link."
  6. Only allow VIEW only.
  7. Use this link when creating your forum post.
Hope this helps. 
Ním.

Edited by Nimhathuna - 21 Oct 2021 at 7:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply