NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The New Master List!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catnamedeaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

I've read SO many stories already... and it's only been a few days. I mean, I know 250s are pretty short, but I almost never get a chance to read stories in the first week when (wo)manning a Master List. It's like Christmas.

:)

That reminds me, I did notice they forgot to list you among the the Master List keepers in their thank you on the new Master List page. I hope you brought it to their attention!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by catnamedeaster catnamedeaster wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

I've read SO many stories already... and it's only been a few days. I mean, I know 250s are pretty short, but I almost never get a chance to read stories in the first week when (wo)manning a Master List. It's like Christmas.

:)

That reminds me, I did notice they forgot to list you among the the Master List keepers in their thank you on the new Master List page. I hope you brought it to their attention!

Nod has now been added to the thank you post!
brianosull View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianosull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:40am
I agree that it works. And, though his probably won't/can't ever happen, now that they're doen this, it would be cool if the contest organizers could also automate the posting of stories to the forum--that is, when we upload our stories to the contest, give us a box to check to say that we want NYC Midnight to post our stories to the fourm. If needed, clicking the box could first bring people to a page to sign up for a forum account, if they don't already have one. I bet we'd get to read a lot more stories from each group.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by brianosull brianosull wrote:

I agree that it works. And, though his probably won't/can't ever happen, now that they're doen this, it would be cool if the contest organizers could also automate the posting of stories to the forum--that is, when we upload our stories to the contest, give us a box to check to say that we want NYC Midnight to post our stories to the fourm. If needed, clicking the box could first bring people to a page to sign up for a forum account, if they don't already have one. I bet we'd get to read a lot more stories from each group.

I suspect the only way that could happen is if they brought the forum entirely on to the main website, and I for one would prefer to maintain a degree of separation. I'm not sure we would feel as free to complain about our feedback if we were on the NYCM site!

I like the new master list but it is slightly irksome navigating away from the forum to the website, only to come back to the forum. That could be solved if the forum allowed embedding, then they could embed the Airtable form directly into a forum post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12