NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is the new master list format searchable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RadBadOrJustSad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is the new master list format searchable?
    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 5:54pm
Just curious - might be because I'm on mobile, but I'm not seeing any kind of searchability on the new master list. Is there any way to filter (ex: by group, genre, etc.)?
Sparker View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 5:59pm
Hiya RBOJS! 

Thanks for asking - I was wondering the same thing.  

I’m on my mobile too. Halp! I don’t know how to manage my reading order.  I’ll try the forum search function to find my group and fumble around a bit.   
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:56pm
It’s not on mobile, but it is in group order in a regular browser.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
We are sorry for any inconvenience with the mobile version!  Unfortunately, there is no search option on the mobile view, but we are looking into other solutions.  In the meantime, the best way to view the list on a phone is to either rotate the phone to the wider view so that the table displays all the fields including the group numbers OR click on the text "View larger version" at the bottom of the airtable.  You will be taken to a larger view which will display all of the information for each story in order of group number.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any other questions and we'll continue looking into search options for mobile!

Edited by NYC Midnight - 19 Oct 2021 at 6:57pm
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
CreativeByNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CreativeByNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:26pm
I cannot even find it at all. Could someone put a link in here for me?
TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by CreativeByNight CreativeByNight wrote:

I cannot even find it at all. Could someone put a link in here for me?

FireHorse View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by RadBadOrJustSad RadBadOrJustSad wrote:

Just curious - might be because I'm on mobile, but I'm not seeing any kind of searchability on the new master list. Is there any way to filter (ex: by group, genre, etc.)?

I can't see any search / filter options on desktop or mobile, although it is in order.

Tried emailing feedback@nycmidnight.com as that's how they requested feedback, but my email bounced. Doesn't bounce anywhere else.  Ouch  

Edited by FireHorse - 21 Oct 2021 at 9:25pm
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 9:43pm
We just added more options to search, filter, and sort, but the controls may only be available on desktop.  Please let us know if you have any issues or questions.  Also, we are sorry if your email bounced!  We don't seem to be having any issues at the moment, so feel free to try resending emails or contacting us through our contact form at https://www.nycmidnight.com/contact. ; Thank you and sorry again!
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:41pm
Another option for mobile is to click the "view page as desktop" on the browser options and just enlarge it to whatever size fits your screen.
 Post Reply Post Reply