NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today's the day! 100 word micro final results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catpaws_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:57pm
Ahh the suspense is killing me! I need to just preoccupy myself for the rest of the night so I stop obsessively refreshing my email!
Good luck everyone!
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by catpaws_ catpaws_ wrote:

Ahh the suspense is killing me! I need to just preoccupy myself for the rest of the night so I stop obsessively refreshing my email!
Good luck everyone!

Right there with you!
deedodd81 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deedodd81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:17pm
Gmail is like “is NYC midnight Challenge final result day again”?
MFC 2019 C2:Clear Broth, Clear Mind
FFC 2020 C1:The Grey Sea
ZoeLou View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoeLou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:50pm
Oh my god it's here!!! Now I'm scared to look hehehe
SSC R1: The Many Faces of Gemini

All my NYCM work: Author Archive
lanaroewrites View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lanaroewrites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:56pm
Congrats to all of the winners!  It was an honor to make it to the finals with all of you Smile.
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 2:09am
I'm not gonna lie, I'm gutted I didn't place in the final. But huge ongratulations to those who did! Very well earned, there were some great stories on the forum! 

Anybody know when/how we can read the winning stories? 
surnica View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surnica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Katie Katie wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm gutted I didn't place in the final. But huge ongratulations to those who did! Very well earned, there were some great stories on the forum! 

Anybody know when/how we can read the winning stories? 

I loved your story.  Your "Pity. It pings off me like the hailstones..." has stuck in my head since I read it the first time. I was really hoping it would be recognized.  Judging writing is so subjective, and a different set of judges would have come up with a different set of winners.  

Some of the winning stories have been posted in the forum. The others might be posted in the website later by NYC Midnight, but I believe they get permission from the authors first and generally don't post any of them until close to the start of next year's contest.
Katie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 2:16am
Thank you @surnica for your kind words! 
I'm so glad the winning story is here so I could read it! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12