NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

signature help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: signature help
    Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:04am
Can any one help?

I am trying to put both my round 1 and round 2 stories in my signature and I go over the character count. How do you get around this?
I've seen others do it so I know it's possible 
FF RD1 G87 Team Building
FF RD2 G87 All Grown Up
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:43am
Are you shortening your links? Go to bitly.com
Pajamas All Day View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pajamas All Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 3:46am
I'm so NOT the one that should be answering this because I struggle mightily every single time I want to post on this forum. The answer to your question involves using tinyurl.com (or bitly.com) to shorten the character count. 

This might be helpful (I didn't write it):  POSTING THE LINK IN YOUR SIGNATURE
One way to receive more feedback on your story is to include a link to your story here on the forum in the signature of your profile.  That way, when you post a review, writers will be able to find your story easier to return the favor.  Follow the steps below to add a signature:

Click on the Member Control Panel (Upper Left Corner)
      Click on Profile Information
      Scroll Down to Signature
      Paste the line below and follow these steps:
      Read my Challenge #1 story titled YOUR STORY TITLE
      LINK=the link to your story.  Every forum post has a link, all you need to do is copy it from the browser bar.  For example, the link to this post is https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic42030.html
      Since there is a limit to the number of characters allowed in your signature, you will need to shorten your link. You can go to http://www.bit.ly to create a shorter link.  For example, the bit.ly version of the above link is https://bit.ly/2UCK6Sd
      Post the shortened bit.ly version to replace "LINK".
      Adjust the text as necessary.  The text you can edit is "Read my Challenge #1 story titled " and "YOUR STORY TITLE".  Please keep in mind that "YOUR STORY TITLE" will have the link attached to it.
      Save your profile details and you should now have a signature that reads "Read my Challenge #1 story titled YOUR STORY TITLE"
      That's it!
 Post Reply Post Reply