NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R2 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fronny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:07am
Group 111  Sci fi, a birth, a flip chart
FIRST BORN

Elderly women Paudra and Luna have survived a bombing of Earth that selectively killed humans. Living for years in an underground bunker with droids, the birth of a frozen embryo baby stirs memories in them, not all of which are good.
Sensory Projection
Read my challenge #2 story titled The Liberation of Carlotta Sosa

tiptreejen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiptreejen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:08am
Suspense / Department Store / A Monster Mask

TITLE: Your Empty Eyes Can’t Make Me Look Away

SYNOPSIS: Ava searches through Time for vital evidence to help with present threats. But the past is just that bit too close for comfort.

Edited by tiptreejen - 15 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
irmelsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irmelsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by TelepathicTeaTime TelepathicTeaTime wrote:

Originally posted by irmelsa irmelsa wrote:

Group 29 drama,  jewelry store,  ketchup packets

Token of Affection

SYNOPSIS

Newly engaged couple, Jason and Hayleigh enter a jewelers to purchase an engagement ring, discovering what they really mean to each other in the process.

I can feel the tugging of my heartstrings already, group mate! I'm stoked to check out another awesome story by you!

Finally got the go ahead to post in the forum, so I'll keep checking for yours.

FFCH2
Token of Affection
MF250 R1
Hey, Babe
JenicaKramer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenicaKramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:50pm
Group 101 - Mystery / A dairy farm / A packet of seeds

Taken to Slaughter

A city slick PI reluctantly comes to a dairy farm in the boonies to investigate a duo of grisly animal attacks of unknown origin. As he soon discovers, magic seeds don’t always grow giant beanstalks; sometimes, they are far more sinister.

FFC21 R2 (2nd): Taken to Slaughter
SSC R1 (2nd):The Tale of Stew Levinson
LWalk7190 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LWalk7190 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:09pm
Ch2/ Group 101 - Mystery / A Dairy Farm / A Packet of Seeds

Dairy Heir

A stud meets his fate while trying to save his progeny and receives a heavenly reward.

Edited by LWalk7190 - 16 Sep 2021 at 2:28pm
Leighduh View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leighduh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2021 at 7:43pm
Group 68 - Historical Fiction. An observatory. A cigarette holder.

TITLE: The Assassination of Hector Urdaneta

SYNOPSIS: In 1972 Manila, an unassuming air traffic controller navigates the political and social changes wrought by the imposition of martial law. But his death reveals a surprising secret, one even he does not know.

The plot and its twist was clear after I chucked my first story Saturday afternoon. I had trouble incorporating the "observatory" in the astronomy sense (though in hindsight there was a way to restructure the story).  So, I took the non-astronomy definition of an "observatory" - a place or a building that provides extensive views of something.
JudithB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudithB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:34pm
Love these log lines, can't wait to read. I got: Horror/a sailboat/a souvenir 

I hate horror, hate watching it, hate being put in a dark place, so Saturday night I gave up. Sunday morning I work up with an idea to convert my basic idea into something more meaningful - of course. Sleep is a wonderful thing. 

In the end I wrote a Prequel to my last horror assignment. I'm starting to use this and repeat genre assignments to work out plausible series ideas for those 'So what else have you got?' meetings. 
jb
JudithB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudithB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2021 at 3:35pm
So: CAN WE PLAY?

Small and rich, Abi has a sailboat and a remarkable talent. Now, all she needs is someone to play with.

jb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930