NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R2 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R2 Titles and Synopses
    Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:04am
First, a gentle reminder: DO NOT POST YER FRIGGIN' STORIES IN THE FORUM OR ANY-DANG-WHERE ELSE UNTIL NYC MIDNIGHT TELLS YOU IT'S OK!!! (Maybe that wasn't so gentle, LOL.) You will get an email, probably Wednesday (U.S. time) confirming NYC Midnight has received your story and you can post to the forum. (This is NOT the auto-email you get when you submit.) At that time, you can post to the forum.

In the meantime, use this thread to post your prompts, titles and loglines. Mine follow.

32 - Action/Adventure / A finish line / A water filter

Sacked

Two former secret agents attempt to enjoy a school event with their child.
regannoelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote regannoelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:04am

Hello, folks! Can’t wait to read everyone’s stories. 

Group 89: Suspense / A department store / a monster mask 

Emily Adam’s Final Girl Survival Guide

Step One: Survive.

Step Two: Get a cinnamon pretzel — you deserve it.

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:05am
Sci-Fi, a birth, a flip chart.

OBLIVION

A message from another dimension; can it be real?

Had fun with this one, really put on my sci-fi hat.

jayscottink View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayscottink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:06am

Group 8: suspense / landfill / goggles

To Have and To Hold

While Michelle digs through trash for remnants of her life before him, the ghost of her dead husband works to reunite them.

Edited by jayscottink - 13 Sep 2021 at 12:06am
500 Final - Like a Sailor's Lady-Love (Sci-Fi)
NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:07am
I go back and forth about how I feel about this story, I kind of, not fully, rewrote a bit about 3 hours ago. I think beta helped me focus on what I felt was most important in the story (yay beta!)

Group 69: Suspense / A boot camp / Garlic

Blackwater Academy for Troubled Teens

Colin’s friend Jeremy recruits him to run away from their strict youth boot camp academy and cruel instructor, Parsons. There are dire consequences associated to whichever decision Colin makes.

Edited by NERdling - 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:08am
Well done everyone! I'm so stoked for the forums to open 😋

I'm obnoxiously fond of this prompt. I don't think I've ever had so many story ideas for a NYCM prompt set, ha

Group 82: comedy / fairgrounds / a pigeon

Coo Coo, Motherf*cker

Atlas Moon, intergalactic drug smuggler and grade-A lovable bastard, has been captured and displayed as an “exotic creature” on an alien planet. He must find a way to escape with nothing but his wits, his charm, and, uh… a talking pigeon?
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
Dark&StormyNight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark&StormyNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:08am
Group 108: crime caper / an auction / an anchor

Monkey Bid-Ness

When Pat finally locates his wife’s treasured childhood toy,

he’s not going to let a minor detail like losing an auction

prevent him from reuniting the pair.

lnLala View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote lnLala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:08am
Group 36: crime caper / a beer garden / lighter fluid

I Never Promised You a Biergarten

Synopsis: Jimmy’s mother sends him on a quest to rid the world of an unsightly cock. He has a much better plan.

Obviously this is quite highbrow and literary. Wink It's not at all full of cock jokes.

Edited by lnLala - 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
FF23 Ch3 Gr13 Confession (thriller)
shanan187 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote shanan187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
So, after being surly at my paltry 4 points for round 1... (after reading the judges' feedback, it was clear that I totally lost two of them by writing from an elderly person's of view in a Sci-fi story. They expected space lasers, and I had a decided lack of them... anyway...) ANYWAY... after round 1, I was like "Well, if I get a good prompt, I'll write. Otherwise, eff it."
My prompt was LAME with a few capital Ls.

Group 101: Mystery, A dairy farm, A pack of seeds.

I've literally had "Mystery/A Farm Field" before. Snooze.
I had NO ideas. And so I actually just ran with that. And I made fun of the competition in general while kinda sorta writing a mystery? After 8 years, I've earned my snark badge. LOL It'll probably only be funny to... you know... everyone here. But I had a blast writing it and my writer's group got more than a few cathartic laughs reading it. It'll probably get disqualified. And I just do NOT care. This one's for going to be for you :)
Title: The Case of the Missing Plot
Synopsis: Sleuthing a mystery in a thousand words is, well…hard. Especially when one has only a dairy cow for a beta reader.
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am

Jeanette's Secret

Gp 14, Romance, Pastry Shop, Oscillating Fan

Making Love and Pastries in the French Quarter,
t two lovers are separated by racism in 1970's Louisiana

Edited by sootfoot5 - 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>