NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC2 Post Submission Bar!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 11:59pm
Just realized I got my object prompt wrong. Last minute fix with six minutes to spare. It's a bit of a patch job, but she'll hold.

I ended up with bottle of Cointreau from my mom. Petty sure it well go will with hot chocolate and some frivolous reading to wind down the night.

Edited by kristina_f - 13 Sep 2021 at 12:02am
FFC2 GR68: the astronomer
TelepathicTeaTime View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TelepathicTeaTime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:00am
Woo, my heart is racing right now! This is the closest I've ever cut it to the submission deadline. 

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the story I wrote this round, and will be keeping my hopes pretty grounded about heading into round three. So stoked to check out what everyone else's stories, though! 

I think I'll toast to midnight with one of the pineapple ciders in my fridge🍍 Kinda need the comfort of something sweet right now 
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:03am
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

Just realized I got my object prompt wrong. Last minute fix with six minutes to spare. It's a bit of a patch job, but she'll hold.

I ended up with bottle of Cointreau from my mom. Petty sure it well go will with hot chocolate and some frivolous reading to wind down the night.

Omfg that's so stressful!! I'm glad you were able to swap it out in time. You're a hero for surviving my worst NYCM nightmare Clap
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
Probably Someone View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Probably Someone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:05am
Submitted with two whole minutes to spare, which is pretty early for me!

I got the golden gift of historical fiction (my favorite category) and squandered it by lazing about for too long, but I'm still happy with what I sent in.

Good luck, everyone!
swilki View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swilki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:09am
I honestly don't know if I hit the deadline, I forgot the fecking title page and threw a logline down with 0 thought put into it. Then submittable was being an arse.
Gaaah.
If it's a minute or two over will it be accepted?
Zefferson View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zefferson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:16am
I don't feel good about this round. It took me far too long to come up with an idea on day one. And then after spending half a day writing I decided I didn't like what I had and completely started over. So the end result is that my current story feels unpolished because I didn't really have a lot of time after reaching the word limit to go back and improve things.

I scored in the first round so I guess I'm just going to have to hope that that was good enough LOL
GenieAZ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenieAZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:17am
Can I just be done with action / adventure?  Story is submitted.  I actually like it a lot, but I have no idea if the judges will think it fits the genre.  I think it's quite an adventure, but the action is more Alice in Wonderland than Mission Impossible.  I guess we'll see!
Ksoucy416 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ksoucy416 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:24am
Well. This is the latest I ever submitted. I don’t feel great but I felt great last time and it seems some of the judges barely read my story so who knows 😂 I didn’t plan accordingly for the second prompt. I work fridays and Saturday’s but normally I have some writing time to spare. Not this weekend with our first catering post covid. I was at work late friday, all day Saturday. Got home at 1 am last night. Woke up at 7, headed straight to work, then catered a party until 6 tonight. Had to eat as I hadn’t done that yet. Did my kids hair after bath which takes an hour. Finally got her ready for bed and started writing at 9:30. I submit at 11:59 with zero edits lmao. I had one idea come to me when I started writing and had to run with it. But then word count got in my head and I just rushed to the ending. Not confident in my story this round but I am proud of myself for pushing through and putting something out. I almost folded and didn’t write anything, but I persevered. No matter how lack of sleep insane who knows who wrote this it is đŸ¤£

FF2022: R1G49 When the Bell Chimed
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Ksoucy416 Ksoucy416 wrote:

Well. This is the latest I ever submitted. I don’t feel great but I felt great last time and it seems some of the judges barely read my story so who knows 😂 I didn’t plan accordingly for the second prompt. I work fridays and Saturday’s but normally I have some writing time to spare. Not this weekend with our first catering post covid. I was at work late friday, all day Saturday. Got home at 1 am last night. Woke up at 7, headed straight to work, then catered a party until 6 tonight. Had to eat as I hadn’t done that yet. Did my kids hair after bath which takes an hour. Finally got her ready for bed and started writing at 9:30. I submit at 11:59 with zero edits lmao. I had one idea come to me when I started writing and had to run with it. But then word count got in my head and I just rushed to the ending. Not confident in my story this round but I am proud of myself for pushing through and putting something out. I almost folded and didn’t write anything, but I persevered. No matter how lack of sleep insane who knows who wrote this it is ďż˝£

Oh, I feel you. I always work at minimum one weekend day, and this week it was Saturday AND Sunday. No kids, but outside chores take about an hour, morning and evening. I basically had to go with where it ended. 

Sleep is for the weak, anyway...
Pajamas All Day View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pajamas All Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 12:31am
I just finished a glass of white wine mixed with a few of my tears. The taste wasn't half bad. I think I'll have another glass. I was crying due to the fact I had to write political satire. I submitted only 578 words with two minutes to spare. I have no idea if my story will be considered political or satire but it is what it is. I'll never again whine and moan about having to write romance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>