NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Screenplay, you in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Screenplay, you in?
    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:21am

Aug 20th is just around the corner! Then 48 hours of mad scribbling!

I love this contest, so I am in!
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 8:07am
I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do this. I'll be finishing up camping at Yellowstone that day and then driving on the way to the CA coast (no idea where I'll be). Maybe I will dictate something on the drive? Not exactly sure I'm going to end up submitting due to logistics, but I at least hope the prompts and the scenery fit well together ... 

LOL

EDIT: YES I just figured out how to dictate text into a word doc on my phone that I will then stick into final draft before the deadline...I hope.

Edited by BarbaraFL - 05 Aug 2021 at 8:33am
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:36am
I'm in. I'm away for that weekend too. Still, looking forward to it.
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:46pm
I'm in and have already told everyone that I don't exist for those 48 hrs.

The other screenplay comp was my first screenplay ever and I came to the realization that I like that format more than my usual short story or flash. That was a weird moment. Cartoon light bulb and all.

@BarbaraFL
Yes! Phone dictation is sooo handy!

BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Popsicle Crows Popsicle Crows wrote:

@BarbaraFL
Yes! Phone dictation is sooo handy!

So excited that it works so well, and I have a file already saved to OneDrive that I can open on my laptop when I get to the hotel that Saturday night (decided to get a hotel for that night).
Popsicle Crows View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Popsicle Crows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

So excited that it works so well, and I have a file already saved to OneDrive that I can open on my laptop when I get to the hotel that Saturday night (decided to get a hotel for that night).

Good idea. I wonder writing in a tent would influence the feel of your story by default. I'd like to think it wouldn't but not sure it I could block it out if it was nasty weather. Del Toro writes in his rain FX room to get in the right mood.

Sending you good mojo for NO camping or tent-related prompts!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2021 at 10:20pm

Good idea. I wonder writing in a tent would influence the feel of your story by default. I'd like to think it wouldn't but not sure it I could block it out if it was nasty weather. Del Toro writes in his rain FX room to get in the right mood.

I don't know. Don't think I would like writing anything anywhere but in my office chair with my big monitor. Course if it was a write somewhere else or not at all, then I guess it is possible, maybe. Thank god I don't have to find out, haha.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2021 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

I don't know. Don't think I would like writing anything anywhere but in my office chair with my big monitor. Course if it was a write somewhere else or not at all, then I guess it is possible, maybe. Thank god I don't have to find out, haha.

I ended up booking a decent hotel room for that Saturday night. Suave, yeah, I guess I'll see! I think it's going to depend on whether I can think of anything to write Saturday morning and dictate it into a document during the drive on Saturday, then stick it into Final Draft on Sunday morning before another drive. Should be hilarious.
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 12:18pm
I'm so disappointed that I can't enter the short screenplay contest again this year. I'm travelling that weekend on Sunday, and have some other stuff the rest of the weekend. 
I had so much fun last year, and I feel like I need to redeem myself for my first round script from the Screenplay Challenge haha.
Such a cool idea with the hotel booking @BarbaraFL! I know for you it's out of necessity, but just in general -- booking a hotel room would be a great way to have some peace and quiet, and get some writing done.
Have fun everyone!

-Max
M.M. Lily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M.M. Lily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 3:37pm
I'm probably crazy to be doing this challenge since I'm a newbie at screenplays. Gotta try though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>