NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just over a week til SSC R3 results!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td333777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just over a week til SSC R3 results!
    Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 1:00pm
Man, it feels like we JUST got done with the last challenge—I love the quicker turnaround in the later rounds.  How are people feeling?  Some heats had a LOT of representation on the forums, and some, not so much.  I’m feeling iffy about my chances, but either way, I’m okay with it.  This last round was super difficult, so I’m not expecting much…moving on to the finals would be an awesome surprise.
FF '17 - 1st, SSC '18 - 2nd, FF '20 - 7th
Draiglas View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Draiglas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 2:17pm
I am very sanguine. If I make it through to the finals, I will eat my most tasty looking hat (I have a lot of hats). Given that I'm almost certainly not getting through,  I keep forgetting the results are coming out and have been mentally planning that weekend's activities :)
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 4:13am
No nerves this time because I'm 100% convinced I'm not going through, and I've already mentally moved on to the first round of the Flash Fiction. Plus, the 23rd is my daughter's birthday so I'll have other things to worry about - like, where the hell did the last 14 years go?
argrenier View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argrenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:50am
I signed up for this contest on a whim to get myself to start writing fiction again after decades off. I've already accomplished that task, and made it to round three. So I'm already in the pleasantly surprised category. 
Also I've got to pack up my house for a moving date of the Tuesday after that final round so worst case scenario, I have more time to pack. (I am never moving again.)
nickofnight View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickofnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:13am
Would have loved for a few more in my group to have posted on the forums just so I could compare more accurately. But the ones in my group that I have read are very strong and have helped temper any expectations :) 

I got an HM this round last year so I’d love to go one better. That said, I won’t be too disappointed if I go out — I’m fairly happy with what I wrote and don’t feel like I could have done much better. I scrapped my first story on Sunday after realising it was rubbish and had to rush out something new. It was a fun weekend though - as always!

Best of luck everyone <3 

NERdling View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NERdling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:08pm
I am very ok if I go out on this round. At the time it was a disappointment because I had gotten 1st in my round 2 Rom Com group, but struggled to even turn my round 3 story into Rom Com. It was probably the most I struggled with the prompts so far. I think a part of me holds a little hope to move on, but I am also 100% ok with setting my sights for the next one. 
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 1:18pm
No expectations to move on at ALL, I feel like I have basically been writing the same character archetypes (quirky, weird) over and over and need to improve. But have never made a final and it would be nice to! If not this year, next year. 

Edited by BarbaraFL - 17 Jun 2021 at 2:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply