NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Round 3 - Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 2:51pm
Group 3: Humor, statistician, immortality

First time with comedy. I think I dreaded this genre almost as much as political satire. Almost. 

"Please Answer in the Form of a Question"

SYNOPSIS: Susan thinks she has the secret to eternal life. But will a week taking care of her sick brother’s baby teach her that quantity isn’t better than quality?
EWhite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EWhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:06pm

Group 2: Suspense / Bulletproof / a Rancher

I'm still not entirely sure if what I wrote was indeed of the Suspense genre, but we'll see.

The Weight of Whispers

Rumors follow Thomas after he inherits his late brother's ranch, casting a shadow he can't seem to shake.

Clare1564 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare1564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 3:29pm
Group 2:
Suspense, Rancher, Bulletproof

There Is No Planet B

North Dakotan rancher Bobby Joe Masterson is on vacation in London and can’t wait to get back home. An early morning stroll leads him to an Extinction Rebellion protest, which may just change everything.

Hoganzo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoganzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 4:16pm
Hope everyone's feeling refreshed after a stressful weekend!

I was in Group 4: Sci-fi – Immature – A reptile owner 
I'm not a massive reader of the genre, but let's see what happens!

Ornamental Humans

To combat overpopulation, a shadowy bioengineering corporation was tasked with manipulating the DNA of every second newborn to hinder their growth and stop them from reaching sexual maturity. But after the global elite exploited the selection process, these Forever Children became their slaves.

Had a bit of a stress halfway through Sunday when I suddenly started panicking that my definition of "reptile" might not be acceptable, but it's in the Collins English dictionary, so I'm just trying to put any worry out of my mind. Whatever will be, will be and all that.

Best of luck to everyone!
SumFemina View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SumFemina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 4:20pm
Group 2: Suspense, bulletproof, a rancher

The Last Cow

Faced with an inhumane commission, Safe Space Inc. owners Roan and Paul decide to mete out their own form of justice.

dias View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by AubreyZahn AubreyZahn wrote:

Originally posted by joshaxel joshaxel wrote:

Great to see some group mates!

Originally posted by dias dias wrote:

Group 1 - Ghost story/superficial/hotelier

THE CASE NOTES OF MISS DOROTHY DARLING

Originally posted by LadyArkham LadyArkham wrote:

Group 1 - superficial - a hotelier

Colin’s manning the front desk and wishes certain persons took “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” more to heart.

Hard to say whether I've written a ghost story with this one, among other challenges that it sounds like everyone confronted in our lovely 48 hour writing spell. Here's mine:

The Single-Stemmed Peony

Synopsis: A pregnant woman, running from an agreement she no longer wishes to fulfill, checks into a hotel, and is confronted with the choices she has made.

So many from Group 1 represented already!

This is great to see! Looking forward to reading all your stories!
All my stories are here!
argrenier View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argrenier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 5:35pm

Group 5: Action Adventure/ A blunder / A physician 

TITLE:  The Mitten

BRIEF SYNOPSIS:  A doctor undertakes a dangerous mission to get medical supplies to a community shut off by winter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234