NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100 Word MF Assignments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dottyourteas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:31pm
I haven't seen anyone else in my group (75) on the forums, but I see a lot of people got horror, thriller and ghost stories. I think less is always more with horror and suspense, but crafting atmosphere in so few words is pretty exciting.
I wrote 5 stories and I was fairly happy with all of them. In the end, I submitted my second choice based on the balance of opinions I'd received from friends and family, but I got more feedback after submitting confirming that another was my best. The one I submitted was the first I wrote, and the one I think I should have submitted was my last!
Ultimately, I have 5 creepy little stories that I like, so it's a win even if I don't win-win!
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

I got group 69: horror / shaving a beard / filter

This is the first time I'm not gonna forget my group number :P Good luck everyone!

Taaaylor I feel like that action might be just right for your group number! Wink

Omg I just saw this and you need to know I CACKLED hahaha
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
FrazyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrazyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by ophelialit74 ophelialit74 wrote:

Originally posted by Lunam Lunam wrote:

Suspense / Thriller
Breaking a promise
Hammer

How is it that I always get a genre I've never written before? Didn't know genres were endless.

Well a thriller so short will definitely be a challenge in any case.

Suspense/Thriller is my go-to every time there's an open genre assignment...I feel like you might be able to use the hammer to LITERALLY break a promise in this one! 🤔

“This won’t hurt a bit, I promise” 
KeeWee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeeWee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:24pm
Hello
Group 18
Fairytale/Fantasy
Clenching a Fist
Judge

"The Dragon,Tatsuya,"

It was a challenge but enjoyed every minute.  Good Luck Everyone!
irmelsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irmelsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by RBeezy RBeezy wrote:

Group 3
Comedy
Chopping a vegetable 
Hyper

Surprisingly my premise came to me right away. I was able to find a nice flow. Let’s see how it goes.

Hi group mate
FFCH2
Token of Affection
MF250 R1
Hey, Babe
irmelsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irmelsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by marcwest marcwest wrote:

I struggled to come up with something. Submitted it anyway. 
Fairy Tale - Fantasy/Losing Balance/Still.

This was my teens group as well.  
FFCH2
Token of Affection
MF250 R1
Hey, Babe
irmelsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irmelsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

Originally posted by irmelsa irmelsa wrote:

Kristina F, Glad to see you back.  We were in the same group for short story so I know you were struggling a bit with the idea of doing this one!

Thanks. Glad to see familiar names in this one. I wasn't big on 'subject' being a prompt for short story, so I won't do that one again. I just wasn't having much fun with it, especially compared to MF 250. I was going to hold off for a bit before doing another but flash feels pretty far away.

Hope comedy treats you well. I'd like to draw it at some point, but I will say it's one of the more daunting genres from my perspective.

I enjoyed SS more than this,  but I'm verbose by nature.  I am relatively comfortable with comedy,  so definitely not complaining with my draw.  Is MF 250 very similar to 100?  
FFCH2
Token of Affection
MF250 R1
Hey, Babe
TeeHi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeHi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Cheezis Christ Cheezis Christ wrote:

Group 79.
Sci Fi
Paying a bill
Bottom. 
My first time entering this. And I can't believe how incredibly taxing this was. I think I have a word hangover haahahahaha

*roflmao* over your use of "taxing" after writing with the action "paying a bill".
Kinash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:20am
Group 79 Sci fi/paying an overdue bill/bottom

I got sci-fi first round last year too, which worked well for me! But completely different angle this time, I actually made it a sci-fi comedy. Hope it doesn’t backfire!

And on that note, why do you think it is that there are hardly aver any comedies in the top 10 entries? Mmmmm. 

Edited by Kinash - 17 May 2021 at 12:21am
2022 Micro100 R1 The Naming (Fairy tale/fantasy)
2022 Micro100 R2 Sky Kisses (Romance)
Kinash View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kinash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:24am
Hi group mate! Looking forward to checking out everyone’s take on these prompts. Will post mine when we get the “ok to go” email. 
2022 Micro100 R1 The Naming (Fairy tale/fantasy)
2022 Micro100 R2 Sky Kisses (Romance)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>