NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

100 Word MF Assignments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeggy1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:07am
Originally posted by CertariMuse CertariMuse wrote:

Ended up in 90: Ghost Story, patience, and sighing.

My first time writing for a contest/submission and I choose 100 words. Yeesh! A ghost story in 100 words?!? Best of luck, y'all, and only an hour left to go.

Hey, I am in group 90 too. First time in a contest for 100 words! Found it tough but a nice challenge. Looking forward to reading everyone's ideas! 
WilderCruelerWaves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WilderCruelerWaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:53am
Group 23 - Fairy Tale/Fantasy - Picking berries - Lean

Pretty happy with this as a prompt, have definitely had much worse ones! Just not sure whether my story is original enough to make the cut, its always difficult when there are so many entrants in each group.
wisemel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisemel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Snorkel Snorkel wrote:

One of my rejected stories.

There was blood on the gateau, but all I could taste were cherries.

Great piece. That last line is gold! If this is your reject, I can't wait to see what you submitted.
VBun View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:36am
Ahhhh hi, heatmate!

I haven't come across anyone else with our prompt yet!

I will absolutely post when we are able to. I look forward to reading yours as well!! 
MF100 C1 GR64 Mobius Drift
outoftheashes View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outoftheashes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:08am
Originally posted by WilderCruelerWaves WilderCruelerWaves wrote:

Group 23 - Fairy Tale/Fantasy - Picking berries - Lean

Pretty happy with this as a prompt, have definitely had much worse ones! Just not sure whether my story is original enough to make the cut, its always difficult when there are so many entrants in each group.

I would have absolutely been happy to have this as a prompt but I realize it's a bit of a grass is always greener type situation and if I were you I'd likely be having the same thoughts. Would love to see the whole thing once we're allowed to post our stories for feedback! 
willi3ar View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willi3ar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:29am
Edit: Sorry just registered for the forum and couldn't figure out how to go back and quote the person I was replying to.

I also got this draw and I agree, comedy seems to bring a lot of added pressure. I came up with a premise and couldn't think of anything else so here goes nothing! Did you use claim by itself or did you use an alternate like acclaim or exclaim? Claim felt more awkward than I thought it would to fit into the story.

Edited by willi3ar - 16 May 2021 at 10:31am
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:33am
Originally posted by willi3ar willi3ar wrote:

Edit: Sorry just registered for the forum and couldn't figure out how to go back and quote the person I was replying to.

Use the "quote" button not the "reply" up in the right hand corner. :)
willi3ar View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willi3ar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by ChillyToez ChillyToez wrote:

Originally posted by willi3ar willi3ar wrote:

Use the "quote" button not the "reply" up in the right hand corner. :)

Yeah I didn't see a way to go back and do that after I posted it, or delete my post. But I know for the future!
Cheezis Christ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheezis Christ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:44am
Group 79.
Sci Fi
Paying a bill
Bottom. 
My first time entering this. And I can't believe how incredibly taxing this was. I think I have a word hangover haahahahaha

Zaidi Kiongozi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaidi Kiongozi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 12:44pm
group 9
rom com
amount
putting on a hat

dont see alot of my group in the forums, but had alot of fun writing this
Zero is always first

C1 G9 RomCom "Fluff is too Tough"

https://forums.nycmidnight.com/c1-g9-fluff-is-too-tough-romcom_topic41892.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>