NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't get page number off of title page for script
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't get page number off of title page for script

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't get page number off of title page for script
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 2:21pm
Hi,

I'm using a screenwriting software and I can't get the page number offf of the first page which is the title page so my script looks like six pages when it's five. Does that matter? I've been screwing around with it for the last two hours trying to get it fixed.

Thanks!
sgolding View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgolding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 7:17pm
I had the same problem but I managed to get around it. Change the page number settings so that they start at 0 and not 1. Then select the option "Different first page" so you can delete the 0 from the title page.
sgolding View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgolding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 7:17pm
There's probably an easier way that I missed but that's how I did it anyway.
Flashfan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 8:30pm
thanks!
hyoussef View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hyoussef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 10:24pm
The rules when I submitted said all pages had to be numbered. I can't get the number ON page 1.  I submitted anyway.
januaryfire View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote januaryfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 10:37pm
Yikes! Just noticed that my program didn't auto-number page 1 either. Default settings. Fingers crossed it gets accepted.
Catlynn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 11:11am
Dang, I didn't even think about it, but I just looked and my page 1 is not numbered either. I have a feeling a lot of people who used a screenwriting program will have the same issue, since the programs are designed for the "real" screenwriting world and not this particular competition. Let's hope they're not too nitpicky about that.
DJewell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:48pm
As for not having your page 1 numbered -- I looked at all of the scripts of the guy who won last year (David something) and his scripts were like that - no number on page 1, starts numbering on page 2.  So I think we will be okay.
TheFlawlessWord View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFlawlessWord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 4:17pm
Where can we find the scripts from last year's winner? I'd like to read them.
 Post Reply Post Reply