NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Draiglas Draiglas wrote:

Originally posted by amlewi08 amlewi08 wrote:

Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by amlewi08 amlewi08 wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

Group 34 Ghost / Cosmetologist/ Selfish 

The Sin Eater’s Burden 

When someone dies without being administered Last Rites, only a Sin Eater can absolve the spirit. It comes at the cost of his own soul.

Omg, have you ever listened to the podcast “Lore”? There’s an episode where they talk about sin eaters and honestly that job is such a mood.

Who needs podcasts when we have Welsh culture to read about?  Big smile

yeah, that's fair. haha

I legit grew up in Wales and never realised this was a Welsh thing. I am intrigued to read this now.

The atmosphere might not be cultural, but I definitely based the story on the traditional Welsh Sin Eater. I even used a translated prayer in my narrative. Hope you enjoy it once we get around to sharing...
parpunk View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parpunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:08pm
Hey there fellow group 3’er. As far as I’ve seen we are the only ones to post. Best of luck!
claviercat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claviercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:08pm
Group 3: Historical fiction, left for dead, a washerman or washerwoman

The Dying Room

Imprisoned in one of Ireland’s infamous Magdalen Laundries, Peggy plots her escape and finds an unexpected ally.

Please read my Short Story 2021 Challenge #2 story: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic40583_post419488.html#419488
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

It's not JUST Wales, but it was moderately common there.  I've seen references elsewhere.

Don't ask me how I know stuff, because I don't know.  I read things, I remember them.  Back in my day the internet was called a 'library', and I spent as much time as humanly possible there (or hidden in a corner of the house with a book) because that was a far more pleasant alternative to any other option I had available.

I also remember things.  Not pre-Gutenberg remember, but certainly pre-internet remember.

Okay, but if it’s not pre-Gutenberg does it even count?
kareeve17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kareeve17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Talia Talia wrote:

Group 38 - Action/Adventure - Incorrigible - Woodcutter

Sisters of Wildflowers and Wolves

Brief Synopsis: When would-be social workers plan a surprise visit to two young sisters living alone in the woods, they’re only able to find one of them. Will the sisters be reunited or lost to each other forever?

Hey there! Looks like we're heat mates, yay :D This sounds so good! I can't wait to read it!! 
claviercat View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claviercat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by parpunk parpunk wrote:

Hey there fellow group 3’er. As far as I’ve seen we are the only ones to post. Best of luck!

I'm in your group too! Posted just seconds after you did 🙂
Please read my Short Story 2021 Challenge #2 story: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic40583_post419488.html#419488
kareeve17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kareeve17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Draiglas Draiglas wrote:

Another one for Group 38: Action/Adventure; Incorrigible; a woodcutter.

Title: Atychiphobia

Synopsis: With the assistance of local woodcutter Ffion, Arthur seeks the magic sword Caledfol to help him slay the demon king. If only all of life could be so easy.

Intentional bear appearances: 1

Ooo, this sounds fantastic! I'm in your group, too :D Looking forward to reading it! 
Tee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Steven Kay Steven Kay wrote:

Me waiting to see if any other people from group 24 post their synopsis...

Wait no longer! Though I hate my synopsis, I think the story turned out pretty funny. But I did want to do a couple more rounds of editing before submitting. However, I was just running out of time.

Group 24: Comedy/embellishment/a blood donor

The Blood Brothers

In which an astounded man witnesses an extraordinary event in the near future, after donating blood during a drive run by bots in medical school. 

kareeve17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kareeve17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:32pm
Group: 38
Genre: Action/Adventure
Subject: Incorrigible
Character: A woodcutter

Orphans of Pandemonium

It is rumored that Andi Finch takes no sh*t in post climate change America. So when a new gang

raids her supply stash, she is forced to become a real monster.

AndrewJames View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 8:46pm
Group 5:
Suspense / A Diploma / A Curator

Framed

The Curator of the Royal Ontario Museum is accused of stealing the world’s first diploma. Can she find a way to prove her innocence?

No expectations, was fun to try and make a diploma and a Curator suspenseful.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 22>