NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Virtual Bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Spooky Spooky wrote:

I've not submitted mine yet, but I've had a sherry.

Cheers to you! It will feel good when it's done Smile
Steven Kay View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by jhenn jhenn wrote:

Not submitted, at 1998 words and it needs another couple reads, but I'm about to pour a glass of Chianti! 

Slainte!

Na zdrowie!
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:47pm
For the first time ever I had an okay-ish first draft done in the first 24 hours. A pretty-much-done draft in 48 hours. And I actually managed to submit with hours instead of minutes to spare. As a lifelong procrastinator, this feels very odd lol.

I'm so excited to read everyone's stories! No drinking here as it's only about 1 PM and I'll just be a napping lightweight. ;) Good words to everyone still writing
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
crez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:49pm
Just submitted a story that came in at 1999 words. I guess that means now I get to party like it's 1999! LOL

Thank you, I'll show myself out...
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by taaaylor taaaylor wrote:

For the first time ever I had an okay-ish first draft done in the first 24 hours. A pretty-much-done draft in 48 hours. And I actually managed to submit with hours instead of minutes to spare. As a lifelong procrastinator, this feels very odd lol.

I'm so excited to read everyone's stories! No drinking here as it's only about 1 PM and I'll just be a napping lightweight. ;) Good words to everyone still writing

Lol I'm the same... finished with 11 hours to go like WHAT do I do now? LOL

Well done!
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steven Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by crez crez wrote:

Just submitted a story that came in at 1999 words. I guess that means now I get to party like it's 1999! LOL

Thank you, I'll show myself out...

Ha ha my exact word count also! It's almost like we're terrified to submit 2,000 words, as though the judges' spellchecker might work slightly differently...
Cel982 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cel982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 4:58pm
And it's in! Congrats all. Horror definitely not my bag, but I'm happy enough with it.
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:30pm
Done... and... zzzzzzzz
LadyArkham View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyArkham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:31pm
Mike's Hard Lemonade and the heady feeling of knowing I'm not going to get through to the next round so I can wait for the next competition carefree. :)

I am really looking forward to reading the stories this time. I feel like there were so many last time that I missed a lot of gems.
bluevervain View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluevervain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 5:50pm
I finally submitted my final draft! Then I worried I had accidentally submitted my Pages file instead of the .rtf, or made a typo in my synopsis, or otherwise messed it up somehow, so I went back and did it again. I could really go for a cold G&T but it's the middle of the day and I don't have any G or T, so I guess I'll reward myself with some chips. Well done to everyone who's submitted!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>