NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That sinking feeling....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That sinking feeling....
    Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 10:25pm
So, I have sort of a plot, and I have written a page and a half. 
Now I keep checking to see how many pages I have as if they will 
magically multiply, still not there.
I do wish I had something that excited me....
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 1:06am
At least you have pages. I've got a really solid idea and can't find my starting point with it. It's going to be a long week ahead, I think.
Stern Smile
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 8:55am
Is it a bad thing that I've finished my first screenplay for NYCM? Romance is not my go to area. However, this actually came together rather quickly. Anyway, good luck to all.
g_howie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote g_howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

So, I have sort of a plot, and I have written a page and a half. 
Now I keep checking to see how many pages I have as if they will 
magically multiply, still not there.
I do wish I had something that excited me....

Sending inspiration your way, Suave. Best of luck! 
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
i find if i'm not inspired, i try and figure out why... then i create a character i like and write a film that i would want to see... and not get too stressed about the prompts!  the probably doesn't help at all... but good luck!

efish View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote efish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 3:37am
At least you have sort of a plot. I have 12 pages written in invisible ink.
Does anyone else get absolute brain freeze and creativity paralysis for days on end?
R4 SSP Play Time
R3SSP
Lovebirds
JustinW View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:09pm
Oh man when I got my assignment did I have that sinking feeling... It was over three days before I even started writing. The thing that kept me going was the thought that if it's this hard for me, it might be this hard for other people. 

I can only do this by letting go of my natural insistence on perfection. I think most of the battle is just being OK with what you're able to produce.
SSC R1 - The Ungrateful One
SC'21 R1 - Hot Dog Soup
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by JustinW JustinW wrote:

Oh man when I got my assignment did I have that sinking feeling... It was over three days before I even started writing. The thing that kept me going was the thought that if it's this hard for me, it might be this hard for other people. 

I can only do this by letting go of my natural insistence on perfection. I think most of the battle is just being OK with what you're able to produce.

Haha, you have hit the nail on the head for this one. I do have 7 pages done, and 2 days 10 hours to go, so I am hopeful. Usually I am an idea person, just ran outa gas on this one.
Anansi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anansi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:34am
I've written nothing. 

NOTHING.

3 half baked ideas and none of them are vaguely comedic or romantic. 
g_howie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g_howie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Anansi Anansi wrote:

I've written nothing. 

NOTHING.

3 half baked ideas and none of them are vaguely comedic or romantic. 

Oh no, what are your other prompts? I'm in the middle of a re-write. Lost all perspective on whether it's improving or if I'm making things worse. Eeeeep! Good luck pal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>