NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bah. I'm out.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hallie9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

You know, it might be a good idea to give everyone a choice of two sets of prompts?

I mean, sure, but that's not the game. I would hate that, actually. I'd waste time figuring out stories for both sets.

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by hallie9 hallie9 wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

You know, it might be a good idea to give everyone a choice of two sets of prompts?

I mean, sure, but that's not the game. I would hate that, actually. I'd waste time figuring out stories for both sets.

Haha. Not me, I would lock onto the better of the two right away. The bad one would push my mind to finding a solution.
ethom View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2021 at 11:26pm
Hey Heatmate! Definitely switched my plot a good 5 times and the thing I submitted I just came up with today. Spy can be.. ouch. 
Julia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Emmageek Emmageek wrote:

I dropped out of the short story comp due to "crime caper"...hate that due to the set up you have to do for it.  Not my thing for a short story.

This is me when it comes to historical fiction. I actually love reading/watching historical fiction, but something about writing it sends me into a research tailspin and I end up putting a self-imposed vice on my writing (never mind the time I have left to write it). Total fun-sucker. 

Edited by Julia - 28 Mar 2021 at 2:29pm
egenolfm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egenolfm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:13am
I was given SPY, Biohazard and Fugitive.  I had a blast writing it! First time in the contest! 
Mike Egenolf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12