NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beta in the final round??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

I've got some time and a nice, fresh cup of tea.

Be warned, though, I've been accused of being direct and I'm opinionated and even a little pedantic.  I can like a story and still tell you why the author should have been decapitated as a child to save us from their literary train wrecks. 

It's not personal.

I'm harder on myself.  I don't say I should have been decapitated as a child because I really didn't start writing until recently.  Besides, as a very canceled person once said, in the first place, self decapitation is an extremely difficult, not to say dangerous, thing to attempt; and, in the second, it's suicide, and suicide is a capital offense

How can I refuse?  How do I send it to you?? 
MF250 The Mother
250 MF RD.2 Hush Little Baby
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by sgspeed sgspeed wrote:

Be warned, though, I've been accused of being direct and I'm opinionated and even a little pedantic.  I can like a story and still tell you why the author should have been decapitated as a child to save us from their literary train wrecks. 

It's not personal.

I'm harder on myself.  I don't say I should have been decapitated as a child because I really didn't start writing until recently.  Besides, as a very canceled person once said, in the first place, self decapitation is an extremely difficult, not to say dangerous, thing to attempt; and, in the second, it's suicide, and suicide is a capital offense

How can I refuse?  How do I send it to you?? 

PM sent
This sig intentionally blank
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by bdannar bdannar wrote:

Thanks, it's been a rough almost 24 hours. I could not get my original story to work and just scrapped it an hour and a half ago. I'll send out my current work within the next 30 minutes for anyone who is still awake! I'm Mountain time so it's not quite as late for me.
I'm LA time so happy to read.
KateHJ View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateHJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 2:44pm

It's not personal.

This is EXACTLY the kind of critique I love.
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by KateHJ KateHJ wrote:

It's not personal.

This is EXACTLY the kind of critique I love.

The first thing I said to one poor desperate soul was about the jail time, or ER visit at the very least, that would result from the story's payoff.  Neither of those were part of the story, but laws are laws and physics is worse.
This sig intentionally blank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12