NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Screenwriting Battle starts on March 4th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:03am
I’m in. Sounds fun. 
R4 SSP Play Time
R3SSP
Lovebirds
maxbjork View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maxbjork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:19pm
If anyone is curious, the one and only Mark Cooper won the Screenwriting Battle competition in February. You can check out his script, along with the the runner-up here: https://www.screenwritingbattle.com/past-winners

There is still time to join the March Battle! Starts tomorrow night. :) 100% free with a US$400 Prize Pool.

Also, congrats to the finalists for the NYC Midnight Short Screenplay Competition. I look forward to reading some of the scripts on here.

Cheers,

-Max
pondsandfrogs View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pondsandfrogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 2:13pm
I just wanted to jump back into this thread and say that this month's contest was a success! Happy to have joined, thank you Max for sharing this with the NYCM community. I already finished my arbitrations a short while ago, and I can't wait for "The War"!

Just thought that overall, it was a satisfying user experience. From flipping the cards and seeing those initial prompts (I did use one free re-draw on the location, and I settled with the new place), to writing the screenplay, and then uploading to the site. Arbitrations themselves were fun; for one genre, it was pretty easy for me to pick a favorite of the two, but for the other two genres, I really had to assess and weigh pros and cons of each. Excited to watch this contest unfold!

-EJ
-EJ
Moves Like (Diet) Mick Jagger Screenplay G31 (RomCom)
All my NYCM entries :)
Anansi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anansi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 11:05am
Done two rounds of this now. It's great fun. Really cool design and concept. Get on it! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12