NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Screenplay formatting problems in Google Drive?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Screenplay formatting problems in Google Drive?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirlynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Screenplay formatting problems in Google Drive?
    Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 1:57pm
I've just noticed that the Google Drive link I had posted to a screenplay displays my script (which I imported as a pdf in attempt to avoid just such issues!) with wonky formatting, missing italics and even some missing punctuation... yikes. Is it possible to share a screenplay via Google Drive in a way that protects the original screenplay formatting? Or alternatively, is there another way to share scripts without using Google Drive? Feeling so lost with something everybody else seems to have no problems with, haha! 
Graham Brand View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Brand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 2:21pm
I may be wrong, but I think it has to do with the font used in the app you used to format your script. If the reader's pdf engine doesn't recognise it or include an equivalent font, it makes a guess and perhaps defaults to something else (e.g. a san serif font when you used a serif one).

Try formatting your script in something standard like Courier New (if this isn't already the case) and export to pdf again.

Graham

Edited by Graham Brand - 14 Jan 2021 at 2:24pm
SC 2023 R2 Faster, Stronger, Dead
SC 2023 R1 Hell Bent
Gvix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gvix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 12:35pm
I have this issue too!! Did you come to a resolution??
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 11:27pm
I have never had this problem. Did you check out the pdf before you uploaded it?
Google does not change any file you upload. It may be your pdf converter doing it?
Your pdf converter may not be fully compatible with the google one displaying your pdf.

Edited by Suave - 04 Feb 2021 at 11:28pm
BrNorton007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrNorton007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
Thanks for the information. It also seems to me that the whole thing is in the pdf converter. I have a different problem. I need to upload a video. But I cannot find a suitable software to save the video in the required format. Maybe someone can advise something.
MikeWG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:23am
There are a lot of programs now. I work with videos. Once my friend showed me the site when he found out about my conversion problem. I tried this program and learned a lot. Thanks to the software, I learned how to make my videos more creative.

Edited by MikeWG - 18 Jun 2021 at 3:03am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:37am
I use "WonderShare video converter" but it is only for changing format, mp4 mvk avi extra.
BrNorton007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrNorton007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 3:10am
Thank you for the advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply